Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Had to cut my pills in half....

[re...]

I am going to be doing my next cut tomorrow and I cut a bunch of my pills in half and a lot of them crumbled.  I try to line it up with the slit in the pill but none of them are exactly half.  Is this going to hurt how much I am consuming and has anyone else had this problem. 

Thanks so much!

Renee

[de...]

Renee,

I have indeed had this problem with cutting pills. I didn't cut them all up at once. I would cut them for the day, and inside of the pill cutter.. I had powder or dust left over. I would take the 1/2 of 10mg Valium (In my case). which is 5mg, and lick the dust up, from where I cut the pill.  :sick:

If you cut the pill and there's pieces crumbled, depending on how much / or how big of the chunks are.. I would just take what I could, and try not to worry about it.

Are you talking powder or small chunks?

Renee don't know if you are just trying to cut the pill in half and take one half each day, but if you are an easy way would be to crush the whole pill between 2 spoons to a fine powder and add the powder to a cup of water or whole milk.  Stir well and divide the cup in half.  you now have two equal doses of 1/2  a pill in each one.  hope this helps.

st

Thanks to all!  When I cut them, it was mostly powder or dust.  I cut enough for the week.  I just lowered to 12mg of Dia and they are the 2mg pills.  I don't really have a choice but to take what is as close to half as possible.  My doctor was trying to make my decreases to stay at the equivalent of 2mgs for a while but I cut my morning dose from 4mg to 3mgs which is 1 1/2 pills and my nite dose from 10mgs to 9mgs which is 4 1/2 pills.  Dr suggested 10mg at nite and 2mg in morning but I didn't want to taper to fast on the morning quite yet and leave the nite dose alone.  I was thinking about getting a new cutter.  I have those 7 day week med containers and I have one for morning and nite so if I don't do the week at a time I will just screw it up.  My mind gets so cluttered and I have to go back and count and recount and worry that I didn't calculate correctly.  I just want to say that I am so happy that I found this site and even though I went thru the most horrific side affects that I could ever imagine going from 4-6mg of K to the 3.0 Lor.  I am glad to be where I am.  This site scares me at times but I have to believe that we all will overcome this and be better people from this experience.

Thanks to all!!

Hi renee,

I'm glad you're managing, I've heard of people who crush their pills and arrange them in piles.  I've also see where they use razor blades on a few sheets of paper to try to cut them easier.

Thanks Pam!  I read your profile and your story and you are one heck of a strong woman to do what you did.  I know just from my early on experience I cant even begin to explain what all I experienced.  You are a inspiration!

Question...... It would probably be asking too much to have a pharmacy cut your pills considering they are so busy. 

I will probably try to cut them each time I need a half and the best half put for the next day and lick the cutter crumbs for the initial dose.  Don't even want to think about when I have to cut in quarters but of course with the way my mind is, I am obsessing about it.............. 

I see you've come off of a pretty hefty dose of Klonopin too, so we're all survivors, that's for sure!  Don't worry about obsessing about this, we all do, it's the nature of this process I'm afraid.  :-\

I doubt the pharmacy will cut the pills for you, but hey you could ask.  Let us know what they say if you do.

It's real easy. I'd drop the pill in a little water until it turned to mush, added two cups of water, shook well, and divided the dose accordingly.

EASY!

Thanks guys!  I might see if my doctor will call my script in to cut.  So if I did crush the pill in a little water and then add 2 cups of water, what do I do drink half a cup and keep the other half for my next dose.  Do you still get the same effect of the med?

Thanks to all.

The purpose of your med at this point is to control your withdrawal process. It's going to be no different in water than dry. Do share again how this goes. The other alternative is to get the wafers which I think may come as 0.125.