Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

should I spread out the last 4ml?

[Ma...]

Hi everyone,

I have been titrating for a while now off of 1mg of klonopin. I didnt begin having a hard time until these last 10ml or so.  Things have gotten REALLY hard now. I am now at 4ml.  Should I cut by a half a ML until off, or keep going by 1ml reductions?  When I started this titration I was going ridiculously slow, cutting only a TENTH of a ml at a time. yes a TENTH LOL...I then sped it up to a ML at a time. Anyways it worked and here I am at 4ml..I am getting scared to take the final dose since my symptoms are increasing. 

Should I hold for a bit until Symptoms stop increasing, or make smaller cuts?  just looking for opinions.

Thanks

[ea...]

Mark,

You could spread out the cuts. Doses, my mistake.

In my opinion, you could try slowing down the taper.

I don't know if that would help or not, but you could give it a try and see.

~S#

If symptoms are increasing, I would definitely hold until you stabilize.  And if you did well making really small cuts before, I guess there's no real harm in trying it again for a while.  If holding and then making smaller cuts doesn't make any difference, though, I'd probably push on through to the end.  I can't imagine the tiny amount you are on could be doing you any good but getting rid of it will start the "complete healing" part of your journey. Good luck.

Mark,

Congratulations on coming so far and being so close.  Are you feeling any better today?

I decided when I started my taper a little over a week ago that I was going to taper all the way down.  I think my last four days will be 11ml, 7ml, 4ml then 0, god willing.  I just don't want to jump from anywhere other than at the end of my natural progression.  Seems like you will always second guess if you went to fast but you will have the peace of mind if you just go slow to the end.  Just my thoughts coming from a place of little experience.

You have done a great job no matter what.

Kelly