Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

clumsy @ uncoordinated

This is becoming a real problem and wonder if others have it too

Its bad enough having no balance and dizzyness with out having this as well

My hands feel like paper and everything is such hard work.

Trying to do the easiest things like opening a jar putting the vacuum together anything that takes thought forget it

Hello Amber,

I know how you feel. Things that were once easy, now are a chore. I know it's hard, but keep trying to push through it. Keep challenging your mind, it will all help you in your recovery and those things will become easy again.

Here's a link Grace Seeker found. There may be some exercises you can try, that help may help with balance and coordination.

http://drnguyen.ucsd.edu/Default.aspx?tabid=77

Boy do I relate to this ... I have the same feelings on/off. It's

gotten better as I am getting closer to ending my taper, but at

times it comes back on me. I sometimes feel like I am going to

topple over due to the lack of balance and coordination. I have

felt like Frankenstein walking down my street sometimes----I

move like my joints are all discombobulated and stiff. And like

you mentioned, opening a jar, doing things with my hands---at

times it felt like I had no strength or control in my movements.

This really is no fun at all. It does get better....I have very little of this

happening at this point, so hang in there----this too will pass.

One of my biggest complaints is not having good motor coordination in my hands.  I don't know how many times since I got out of Detox in early February I've said "I am constantly frustrated because I can't use my hands!"  After nearly chopping off digits while trying to cut onions we decided it would be best to have my sister-in-law take over the cooking for a while.

From trying to hold the soap in the shower to dropping everything to constantly knocking things over, don't you just want to scream?  With the blurry vision and motion sensations on top of it, everything feels like I am standing on a Skateboard wearing mittens with blurry glasses on trying to thread a needle!  Difficult to be constantly frustrated isn't it?

Oh yes I sure want to scream

But thank you for making me smile

Your description is so good!!!!!!!!!!

I was on tranxene for 28 months before i found out what it was,i took as script said,,, take as needed,i truly dont believe that now,,but i could not believe what was happening to me I too tripped over and stumbled like a drunk person, seemed not to be able to pick feet up. along with a lot of other things that wasnt normal for me..i been benzo free for close to two months things comes and goes but it does get better,But You Have To Want it To Be Better. Rody