Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

after 8 years

[...]

i'm on my third try in the last year to come off of Klonopin, this time via the Ashton method if my doctor will go for it. he's agreed to switch me over to Valium and bring me down from there, but he fails to see the potential problem with just switching me directly from one to the other. so there is still some talking to be done. i started at 6mg of Ativan a day. i have since been on Valium, Xanax, and Klonopin two different times. i am down to 1mg of Klonopin a day, and will be starting my tapering in 2 weeks. i wanted to go ahead and become a member here ahead of time, and do some reading before all hell breaks loose and i start feeling completely alone.

thanks in advance for having me. : )

Hello Mona, Welcome!

I'm glad you decided to become a member, hopefully we can come up with the right words to help you convince your Dr that a crossover must be slowly accomplished.  I'm sure you know it takes awhile for the Valium to build up in your bloodstream, so crossing directly over will leave you feeling pretty rough.  

I'm sure this time you're going to be successful, even Professor Ashton says that many can find freedom from these drugs after some failed attempts, so no worries okay?

Pam

Welcome Mona :)

You will find lots of support here from a lot of kind, caring people that are going through this or have gone through this awful process. You will get through this and get your life back  :thumbsup:

Jeff M.