Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Hope That is Seen is Not Hope 🐢

[Jo...]

Spread Hope to the End

***** All scripture within this post is according to context… and for encouragement. *****

There will be times when hope is lost.  During these times… the choice can be made to hope anyway… even though deep down inside to the core it feels completely and utterly (permanently) gone.  Choosing to believe in hope during these times is the essence of faith.  Choosing to hope when there is no hope is real faith that pleases God.

God calls it “staggering at his promises” when we don’t believe in hope for them… particularly in the midst of the total and complete absence of hope.  Hope isn’t blind.  Hope is believing that God keeps his promises.  It is believing that if God makes a promise to you… in time… he will complete it.  Hope helps keep us going and believing.  In fact… we are saved by hope… that cannot be seen.

Romans 4:18a  “ …Who against hope believed in hope, … “

Romans 4:20-21  He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.

Romans 8:24-28  FOR WE ARE SAVED BY HOPE:  but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for ?  But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.  Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.  And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Sometimes hope is lost because we give up before we have suffered long enough to see a harvest.

Ecclesiastes 11:4  He that observeth the wind shall not sow; and he that regardeth the clouds shall not reap.

Luke 8:14  And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.

Psalm 126:5  They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.

Sometimes hope is lost because it was meant to be lost… in spite of us having done nothing wrong.  Sometimes hope is lost due to mental, physical, and spiritual infirmities, sicknesses, and weakness… and feebleness of mind.

1 Thessalonians 5:14  “… comfort the feebleminded …”

Sometimes hope is lost when others steal our hope by failing to encourage and pity, and comfort us when it is most needed…. or when they try to comfort us only in the flesh and not the spirit… trying to conjur up solutions of their own… instead of loving and comforting in the Spirit.

Job 16:1-7  Then Job answered and said, I have heard many such things: miserable comforters are ye all.  Shall vain words have an end? or what emboldeneth thee that thou answerest ?  I also could speak as ye do: if your soul were in my soul's stead, I could heap up words against you, and shake mine head at you.  But I would strengthen you with my mouth, and the moving of my lips should asswage your grief.  Though I speak, my grief is not asswaged: and though I forbear, what am I eased ?  But now he hath made me weary: thou hast made desolate all my company.

Sometimes hope is lost when things don’t go as we thought they would or should according to our own understanding.  In other words… sometimes the lies that our own fleshly minds tell us steal all our hope.  Sometimes we simply are suffering too much to maintain the ability to hope and believe.  During such times… the Lord remains faithful… and also he might send us others to stand with us and “believe for us” during those times when we simply cannot believe on our own.

Mark 2:5  When Jesus saw THEIR FAITH…he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.

2Ti 2:13  If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

Even the man who penned two-thirds of the new testament of the bible… completely lost all hope at one point in his life.

2 Corinthians 1:8-10  For we would not, brethren, have you ignorant of our trouble which came to us in Asia, that we were pressed out of measure, above strength, insomuch that we despaired even of life:  But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead:  Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us;

SO GREAT A DEATH - The first death in Adam when we first believed.

AND DOTH DELIVER - As we are being delivered from sin and all other enemies n afflictions, and sorrows, and hardships IN THIS LIFE.

WHO WILL YET DELIVER US - From perishing (Dying the SECOND DEATH - which if it “hurts” us… we shall not receive a resurrection.)

So even the godliest, most faithful of men have (and still do) completely lose hope and fall into despair… or become sorrowful feeling the “sentence of death” within themselves.  Such people need to be encouraged and loved and comforted and pitied.  When we fail to comfort such people during such times… it is like we are saying, “He saved others… why can’t he save himself !!”

ESPECIALLY JESUS !!

Matthew 26:36-40  Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder.  And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy.  Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.  And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.  And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour ? 

Mark 15:34  And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me ?

Both Paul and Jesus as we know… “Endured  and hoped TO THE END !!”  If we keep on trying and never UTTERLY (permanently) give up… God will help us all do the same.

Job 8:20  Behold, God will not cast away a perfect man, neither will he help the evil doers:

(Which means he will help those striving against sin.)

Psalm 37:23-29  The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.  Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.  I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.  He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed.  Depart from evil, and do good; and dwell for evermore.  For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.  The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever.

… so hope to THE END !!

Jeremiah 29:11  For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an EXPECTED END.

James  5:7-16  BE PATIENT therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.  BE YE ALSO PATIENT; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.  Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.  Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience.  Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the END OF THE LORD that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.  But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation.  Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.  Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:  And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.  Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Job 6:11  What is my strength, that I should hope? and what is MINE END, that I should prolong my life ?

Psalm 39:4  LORD, make me to know MINE END…and the measure of my days, what it is; that I may know how frail I am.

Psalm 119:112  I have inclined mine heart to perform thy statutes alway, even unto the end.

Matthew 24:10-14  And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.  And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.  And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.  But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.  And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

1 Peter 1:3-8  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.  Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:  That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:  Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

Romans 2:7  To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

1 Timothy 6:12  Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

Hebrews 10:35-39  Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.  For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.  For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.  Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.  But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

1 Peter 1:13  Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and HOPE TO THE END…for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

1 Corinthians 13:13  And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

1 John 2:25  And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

by j

Thank you so much, J.  I happened to have needed this very much this morning.  In a terrible setback at the moment.  It must have taken you a long time to get all those scripture quotes. 

Thank you so much, J.  I happened to have needed this very much this morning.  In a terrible setback at the moment.  It must have taken you a long time to get all those scripture quotes.

God bless you….Sage.  I saw your avatar phrase… I have prayed many times… oh LORD !! … please be thou my undertaker !!  🌻😃🙌🏽

Zman…. God bless you.

Kindly,

j