Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Over two years out and am still in recovery..

[mi...]

Hi,

My name is Lisa and I underwent benzo withdrawal back in 2008.  I became addicted to benzos for sleep, and did as my Dr. instructed me to do, which was to taper off in a month. 

I would like to talk with other members that have experienced an abrupt withdrawal from large doses of benzos, as I want to know if what I went through was unusual or not. 

I am still recovering and have some more time to put into all of this.  A large part of my recovery at this point is the healing of bad memories from the withdrawal which put me in a very vunerable position. 

Thank you and God Bless.

[e0...]

Lisa,

Welcoming you to BenzoBuddies.

You will find plenty of support here.

Glad you found us.

Sigma.

Hey Lisa,

I was on a large dosage of clonazepam (8mg). My first taper from 8mg failed. I'm currently working on my second taper from 6mg. I went down from 6mg to 3mg in 2 months. It's been rough. What were you on and what dosage?

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to BB  :)

You will find many other members who have dealt with a similar experience to yours and who are dealing with the same types of withdrawal side effects.

What types of symptoms are you dealing with?

Hi Lisa, Im sorry you are still dealing with benzo wd. I was ct detoxed in march 2010. I still feel very traumatized by my experience. I still feel very vulnerable and trust noone in the medical community. Its hard for me to have these feelings because I am an RN, though not able to work right now. I have bad memories too and find it difficult to put them behind me. I hope you are well soon. Things do get better.

Hi Lisa,

You will definitely find support here.

I was on benzos for 20 years and was taken off 4 mg of Ativan rapidly over 3 days at a detox facility, basically cold turkied.  I like to make the analogy of that experience to waking up after a bad car accident with brain damage and severe bodily injuries.

I think you will see from many benzobuddie's experiences that doctors readily prescribe benzos but are not well informed when it comes to taking patients off them.  I am sorry that you were a victim as I was of this wide spread ignorance amongst the medical community.

We will be there for you!