Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Xanax Taper

[...]

Hello, I am a 24yo Male who is a meningitis survivor  :thumbsup: and is currently on a program to get rid of Panic Disorder  :yippee:, part of the program is to go off benzo's in my case Xanax (Alprazolam) 0.25mg 2 x daily, I have Successfully tapered from 0.5mg 3x daily to my current .25mg 2x daily but can't seem to go below that without getting what my Doctor calls adverse reactions (intense depressed feelings, rebound panic attacks. etc..) This is my situation right now..  :pokey:

[7b...]

htij,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

Congrats on tapering down as far as you have  :thumbsup:

You will find plenty of support here.

Sigma.

Welcome htij and congrats on getting so far along in your taper. :yippee:

Since Xanax has a short half-life, many members find it difficult to taper from it.  Has your doctor considered crossing you to a longer acting benzo such as Klonopin or Valium?  It might make the rest of your taper a little easier. I know I had a terrible time when I was taking Xanax.

We're glad you found us, and feel free to ask questions. :)