Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Goodbye Xanax!

[th...]

I'm officially done!  After 20 actually more like 25 years of Xanax use I have dry cut and titrated my way out of benzos!  Woot woot.  Want to give a big shout out of thanks to the buddies here and the moderators.  What a wealth of information!  Thank you for all you do to help others.  I'm looking forward to a new post benzo life!    Knock on wood--things will keep getting better! 

hugs,

thesecret

the secret,

That's wonderful!  Congratulations!  May you have continual success in your journey.

Kat

Wow Secret way to go! You're one of the very few people I've read about that tapered from xanax.

Congrats!  :thumbsup:

That is amazing! You are an inspiration to everyone  :yippee:  especially those who have been on benzos a long time.

Crono

Wow - 20 to 25 years of xanax?  That is amazing you got off these.  I had a doctor tell me I would probably never stop this as I am/was on xanax over eight years.  I left a message on my blog for you as I am finding my way around here and not sure how to find someone to type on their blogs or stay on my blog....maybe I won't be this confused when I stop taking this medication?

Gail    "This too shall pass"

• 2 weeks later...
http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m575/maxmoo/Funny%20Pics/Greeting%20Cards/Happy%20Birthday%20and%20Good%20Job/bravo-bunny-1.jpg

Thanks guys for the congrats. 

I'm beginning my fourth week off xanax.  I'm experiencing jittery legs, difficulty getting to sleep and this odd imbalance that makes me feel like I'm going to tip over.  Purchased some omega 3's and some herbs to aid sleep.  Began taking them yesterday.  Hope these symptoms move on out.  I was feeling rather discouraged a few days ago.  :tickedoff:  Wonder if healing is possible after all these years on this stuff....sure hope so. 

Thanks guys for the congrats. 

I'm beginning my fourth week off xanax.  I'm experiencing jittery legs, difficulty getting to sleep and this odd imbalance that makes me feel like I'm going to tip over.  Purchased some omega 3's and some herbs to aid sleep.  Began taking them yesterday.  Hope these symptoms move on out.  I was feeling rather discouraged a few days ago.   :tickedoff:   Wonder if healing is possible after all these years on this stuff....sure hope so.

I took xanax for about 23 years and quit cold turkey, most days now I feel good at about 85%. I still have some symptoms that are a lot less intense that are working their way out.

You will heal even after 25 or more years  :thumbsup:

Congrats this is awesome news! It is possible. No one needs to be on benzos for the rest of their life. You are proof!

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE .... 6 weeks off. 

I've got to admit it's pretty great not reaching for Xanax everytime I turn around.  I don't even think of it anymore!  That habit is broken. 

I do have some issues that pop up occasionally.  Mainly sleep problems.  It's difficult for me to drop off to sleep sometimes.  Once I get to sleep it's blissful and I have such great dreams!  Full color :) 

Restless legs and dizziness is gone.  Hurray!  I have been taking some supplements:  Fish oil & magnesium.  Don't know if that is the reason but I do know they are good - especially for the brain. 

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you Secret, for sharing this. I too am on Xanax and haven't found a doctor to help me c/o to Valium. That's ok because every time I hear a story like yours it gives me courage. I decided to dry-cut taper myself almost a month ago, and so far so good. Congratulations!!! :yippee: