Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

bouncy brain after treadmill?

I went to the gym and walked on the treadmill for 15  minutes. Not too fast. It was my first time back at the gym in 7 months. I got off the treadmill and my brain felt like it was bouncing around in my head. Hard to explain, but it was a challenge to walk it properly it felt like.  An awful feeling. I did a set of 15 chest presses and that was all I could muster.  Terrible headache, back ache, spine hurt, arms hurt. Head still a bit bouncy.  Is this wd related? I had been feeling pretty good all day before I went to the gym.

Many have an amp in symptoms etc. with exersise. I am a runner workout nut. My whole system changed with this. After the first year as the first year I would only walk and walk sick, about 3 miles when I was stronger though still weak, I'd try my lite weights and my head/eye pressure would amp so I had to wait. I can do my lite weights now. Though still cellular weak. Strange. No amping though. When I slow jog which I can do now, my brain does the exact same thing. So I don't go as much or as far and do lite weight more. I'm not really able to enjoy exersise persay the way I use to as I can't push the way I want/need to for the results I like. It's more like physio.

All of what you feel is normal for this. I've made a lot of "exersise adjustments." Finding a balance is the key, and don't push too too much. You're doing great!

I agree with VancouverGal.  Exercise can be helpful but best not to push too much too fast.  When I got back to exercise last year, I took a few months of aerobic and stretches before getting to the weights.  I was initially tired afterward and sometimes had to catch a nap by the afternoon. 15 reps might be a little much depending on how much weight.  Take the exercise slow and steady to start, like a taper :thumbsup:.

[af...]

Hi there,

I exercise, but know my limits.

You have to take it in moderation.

vancouvergirl and vertigo offered you some good advice.

:mybuddy:

S#

I'm actually hoping that the tremors in my hands and legs are from doing some heavy calisthenics for toning...but I'm pretty sure it's just the beast!

During the second month of w/d my brain felt loose - like it was unattached and wobbling around inside my head.  FREAKY!  Is that what yours felt like?

When I first started exercising again, I felt awful at first.  I had to build up slowly, and I still have days where I feel icky afterwards.

I'm so glad you mentioned this!  I had the exact same thing happen.  I started exercising again after about 2 months benzo free because it was the only thing that would help the anxiety. 

I would run on the treadmill and afterward it felt almost as if I had been on some kind of amusement park ride.  I had a hard time walking/keeping my balance, I was a bit dizzy and kind of out of it.  It felt really weird...as if I were still somehow on the treadmill.  It was a similar feeling to walking off the moving walkways at the airport.  I had trouble with my vision after that, too.

It didn't happen when I would run outside...so I started running around the park on the sidewalk instead of the treadmill at the gym. 

Were you watching tv while on the treadmill?  I was.  I tried running on the treadmill and just staring at the wall ahead of me, but I still had it to some degree. 

I haven't used the treadmill since...but now I'm curious to see, at 14 months benzo free, if that will happen again.