Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

24 Hrs without xanax .25 & cutting

I have not started to tapper yet from my .25 xanax once a day and withdrawal is very hard and i have a lot of fear makeing my first cut . i allready go 24Hrs without any xanax a little cut like 1/4 pill or less will bbe a shock to me ? 

All cuts can be difficult to endure, but the first cut and the last cut also carry greater psychological aspects to them as well.  It is always a bit frightening to start a new journey (tapering) as it is to let go of something we have deemed a 'security' blanket (the final pill).  

Are you tapering by 1/4 a pill every 1 to 2 weeks?  That would be like tapering 5 mgs of valium in 4 to 8 weeks.  It is pretty quick but it isn't impossible.  Xanax is well known to be more difficult to taper than valium.  It won't be a smooth ride, and some cuts may be worse than others.  Just remember that if things get too intense you can always hold for awhile and/or choose to make smaller cuts.  

It does seem scary, but you are not alone in this battle.  Many will be fighting this beast right along side you and you will have the support of some battle-hardened veterans at your side too.  :thumbsup:

valium seems to be what keeps getting talked about here maybe less  of a cut of xanax should be used ? But I feel bad on xanax at this time anyway waves come and go feeling beat up on this stuff Tingling low voltage arms & legs all the time. It is like I,am in a cut without cutting so that puts fear in me .

You sound like you are indeed in tolerance withdrawal Tim.  Your body is craving more than just .25 xanax a day.  You have 2 options at this point, to updose and get some relief... although that would be kicking the can further down the road and leaving you set up for a much more difficult fight... or you can bite the bullet and get off these pills in a timely but sensible manner so your recovery can begin.

Did you head over to the 'Planning Your Taper' section of this forum to get help planning a taper schedule?  If you are interested in crossing over to valium, which will most likely be easier on you, then check with your doctor.  You will also get help with a crossover schedule if you get a prescription for valium.  Whatever you choose to do you will have the support of this forum behind you.

I think I just want to make a cut from here because I feel better rite now then i have all day and it is like that most days and then i just give my body some more and then it starts over everyday . It is almost like I go thru WD everyday and I might be better just makeing cuts ? Some fokes have jumped from .125 so I just got keep trying to get it rite whtw do think about my thoughts

I think you'd feel better if you divided your dose up and take it two or three times a day.  I know it's a tiny little pill, but the half life of Xanax is so short, you're withdrawing from it every few hours.  Between that and the tolerance withdrawal that Crono described, I'm sure you're pretty miserable. 

Ya xanax doesnt last long and the w/d is horrid... I tried 3 times to get off .25mg 2xday...didnt go so well.  Did the valium and did waaaay better getting off.A .25 mg xanax is 5 mg of valium.  I can remember cutting those xanax up so tiny...and the interdose w/d was horrifying.  Hope you get some relief :)

I agree that a crossover to valium and slow taper might be the way to go.  If not, adding a morning dose could help some, at least in the short term.  Have you spoken to your doctor about valium?

Best,

Vertigo