Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

strange withdrawal symptom

I am having the strangest w/d symptom, so strange that I'm a little embarrassed to talk about it.  I guess it's a kind of performance anxiety or something, but I get really nervous and freaked out if I have to write in front of other people.  I found out that there's actually a name for this, but I can't remember what it is at the moment.  So I guess I'm not the only one to ever experience this. 

It's the worst if I'm at a store or someplace out in public, and I have to fill out my name and address for example.  I get super self-conscious and my wrist and arm tighten up so badly that it's difficult to write.  I started noticing this getting to be a real problem a couple months ago when I was down to 7 or 8 mg. Valium, and it hasn't improved any. 

Anyone else hear of or experience this bizarre symptom?

Mal

You should have seen me trying to fill out our income tax forms in front of the accountant this year...it was an embarrassment.  My signature was nothing like I usually sign it...even my husband noticed it and said he hoped we wouldn't be audited.  I can't do most things in front of people anymore...even talk...so this does not surprise me.  I guess there is no facet of our lives these drugs don't destroy.

Donna