Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Question of Curiosity

Hello all, I just wanted to ask if anyone knew of a place one could go for support for a week or two? I'm not talking about a detox program; I am 8 months off the xanax now.  I'm not necessarily looking to go in myself, but the thought occurred to me because I have had some really tough times the last 2wks with anxiety and some panic attacks, etc.--especially the mornings! Wowser!

I thought to myself, "Self, it would be great if people who were already detoxed had a place to go to who needed some encouragement to stay the course" (that is, if indeed full recovery is possible). After all, this far out and dealing with some of the same stuff you thought you were done with can be a bit discouraging--downright discouraging in fact! Okay, there it is, downright discouraging! (LOL).

Thanks and blessings!

Sir William

I'm totally with you. I have been thinking about how great it would be if there was some kind of place you could go and hang out for a couple of weeks to be able to get away from things and meet other WD sufferers face to face. A place where you could have your own room and close the door if you needed to but also a place where you could just sit and relax with others who know what you are going through.

Hello all, I just wanted to ask if anyone knew of a place one could go for support for a week or two? I'm not talking about a detox program; I am 8 months off the xanax now.  I'm not necessarily looking to go in myself, but the thought occurred to me because I have had some really tough times the last 2wks with anxiety and some panic attacks, etc.--especially the mornings! Wowser!

I thought to myself, "Self, it would be great if people who were already detoxed had a place to go to who needed some encouragement to stay the course" (that is, if indeed full recovery is possible). After all, this far out and dealing with some of the same stuff you thought you were done with can be a bit discouraging--downright discouraging in fact! Okay, there it is, downright discouraging! (LOL).

Thanks and blessings!

Sir William

I agree it would be great to have something like this.  But unfortunately there are very few support resources out there for those of us who are suffering from benzo withdrawal.  It's something that barely has recognition within the medical field.

Draftsman