Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Fast or slow, this taper is complete hell. Feel even worse than before Mod.

[dr...]

Faster or slower, I'm having a really hard time, with the titration and tapering.  There is no sense of stabilziing & very few days where I feel OKish.  Not functioning at all, and very concerned.  I think you know my story of going from V taper to K titration, and it's day 19 of the titration & I seem to be getting worse, not better.  Only cutting .2mls/day with 160 mls water.  Even holding doesn't help.  I feel desperate at this point & not sure if I should go back to the Valium.  My brain/nervous system are screaming for help.

someone mentioned an alternate titration method from benzodetoxrecovery, but can't get onto their site.  It's closed, & no one has told me how this differs.  I need to stabilize.  Please help me.  My current taper is designed for 800 days.

thanks ,

Aryana

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I guess you are doing the Ashton thing. I use WalMart's pharmacy here in the good ole USA >:D and cannot compound, so I must do the crushed-K, vague dose taper.

Hope you do not have to work right now. That makes every symptom that much worse. I am trying to cut caffiene, use Neurontin/gabapentin for a 'cushion' for this damnable taper (up to 2 g/ day; a friend helps) and am looking at clonidine and/or a betablocker for anxiety sx like tremors, head shakes, lost voice and so on. Trying to find cool and quiet when I can (stimuli such as light, sound, and social interaction aggravate the taper process).

I would like to drink, but am an alcoholic, and know that that would futz everything up (in shelter right now; applying for disability, but must work--long story).

There are a lot of adjunct options you might want to pursue. Kava is one, but there are a lot of opinions on that. Wikipedia can break it down for you.

Peace and quiet your way,

juliad