Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

heavy weight on top of head

i have been wakeing up of a morning with the feeling of a heavy weght on the top of my head. and head ache.pain in back of head and neck .my head feels to heavy and it feels like the weight is crushing my neck.i often get the feeling of being very heavy all over and need to sit down.its awful have to take some painkillers and it eases off a bit.i also have a flickering light in my right eye for some reason.i can still see it when i close my eyes.had  it a while now since i stopped benzos 14months ago.anyone else have anything like this love to hear from you

[dc...]

Chrissy,

I have had this as well. At one point, I felt as if my head was being jerked back. It past and hopefully it doesn't come back.

Hopefully, these sx's will subside for you soon.

How long has it been going on?

Just curious to know.

S#

thanks for getting back to me so soon.i have had this for over a year now.started of mild as time had gone on its got worse deffo since benzos stopped.its not every day its off and on.its not nice to wake up to this.mornings are so bad.everything is at its worst.how are u doing.

Hi Chrissy, I have been off 19 months. All my symptoms are physical and head/eye/brain feeling based. That said, I had the head pressure strong after month 12 till now, it's sporadic and mild. It's always the same place, the top center of my head, like a little space between my skull and brain is where the top felt pressurized. I'm saying this because it has recently been replaced with the feeling of a paperweight heavy weight feeling on the top of my brain. Just feels like a weight resting there. Some days mild, some days stronger, some days gone. Very Strange.

It sounds like my degree has gone down considerably from where you are. I hope you feel it dissipate soon.

[dc...]

thanks for getting back to me so soon.i have had this for over a year now.started of mild as time had gone on its got worse deffo since benzos stopped.its not every day its off and on.its not nice to wake up to this.mornings are so bad.everything is at its worst.how are u doing.

The head pressure and heavy feelings, as I stated before come and go. Usually mine is in the morning as well.

I think that it will subside along with other sx's as we go along in the process. It can be bothering and miserable, but hang in there.

How am I doing? Ok for now, but you know withdrawal.

S#