Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Letters to our future self (manifesting healing)

[Wi...]

Hello everyone.

I thought today that I would write a letter to myself in the present form, imagining how it feels to be healed. You can all write on this thread and envision your healed future self. Be as descriptive as you can.

“Today I woke up with sunlight gently lighting my room. After a good night sleep, I had the urge to just stay a little bit longer in my warm bed under a soft linen blanket. My body feels light and relaxed. The sleep was really restorative so I feel I have a lot of energy for today. Gently stretching my limbs, I get out of bed and go to the kitchen. I was so grateful to wake up and look out the beautiful view from my window. Lush green trees swaying gently in the wind, birds chirping, fluffy clouds in the sky. It is going to be just the perfect warmth today. I can’t wait to eat breakfast and head outside. I am enjoying a healthy big breakfast and a cup of yummy green tea. It’s so wonderful that I can drink tea again and not worry about caffeine. And eat what ever I like, but I still choose to eat healthily, nourishing my body. I lit the wood burning stove in my small country kitchen as I wait for the kettle to boil. My sweet little cat hops on my lap gently purring.

I am healthy, I am well and I have never been this present in my life. All the things that happened to me seem just like a distant dream. They made me stronger and healthier. I am now the best version of myself. There’s nothing that can pull the rug from under me. I stand strongly in my own heart, in my own core and I know I can make it though what ever life throws at me with ease. I don’t have fear or anxiety. I just have the normal feelings that life sometimes brings up, but my standard state of being is joyful and calm. My nervous system is mainly in the luscious ventral vagal state, which means I am connected to others, to life and to myself. I feel peace and calmness. I have energy and creativity. Today I am going to use them in the garden and then in my little studio painting and writing. I am doing all the things I always dreamed of. They are now my reality. I am good at what I am doing and therefore able to support myself through what I love to do. I have attracted a wonderful like minded group of people around me who love me and support me in return. I am never alone, but if I like to, I can be alone doing what I love.

So this is what life was supposed to be all along. This is how it was supposed to feel. Looking back, I am glad I survived what I went thought and got to the other side. I always dreamed of this moment and now it is here. I am grateful. I feel warm love in my body every time I think about my life.  All is well.”

<3<3<3

Dear Queen LadyDen. You are standing in your victory. You were valiant, loyal, brave and true! You are truly royalty! A queen in her own right…a queen who refused to lie in defeat during the hardest battle of her life. You refused to be a victim. A survivor willing to stand upright even when for years all you could do was lie down. You were completely abandoned by your husband of 27 years and family. Left alone with a child to raise but you didn’t let that stop you. You went through a divorce from a man who didn’t deserve you. You learned an invaluable lesson of what true freedom is because that taught you that he didn’t leave you…he freed you. This tedious chapter in your book of your life taught you many things about yourself, love, endurance, strength and much more. You refused to just lay there and die because God is your all. He let you know that every day! You manifested positivity and stood on your ground of belief in your healing. You lived by your personal banner you waved each day. A banner that says “ push but don’t shove”. You let defeat know that it had no place in your world so you left. A lady always knows how and when to leave!

Last night you went to bed symptom free as you’ve done for a month now. Smiling while embracing your new life waiting for you to discover it. Your prayers of gratitude to God as you rested your head on the pillow. In the dark quiet, you’re still in disbelief but it has arrived…you are completely healed and no this isn’t a dream! The next morning greets you with its warm light as you open the blinds to peek into the world outside in the form of trees waving to you to come join them. You watch as a beautiful red cardinal rest on the bush. It looks at you as if to say “ what are you waiting for? Come on out!” As it flutters away I unknowingly say out loud “ Ok, I’m coming! Wait for me!” Hurriedly, I get dressed in a pretty flowing sundress and sandals not forgetting my sun hat and shades. While grabbing my art supplies then my keys I wonder what else I’ll be doing today. It doesn’t matter because I have no limit….I have no symptoms ever again. The real problem is there’s not enough hours in my days now. The memory of feeling the days were too long flashed across my mind. I quickly send it back to where it belongs…in my past. I get into my car, in the driver’s seat beaming with excitement. Wow I can drive anywhere! Anywhere! Yes, anywhere with no worries. Tears well up my eyes but they’re tears of joy. I’m meeting my new handsome gentleman for a nice breakfast followed by a romantic picnic in our favorite park. He treats me like the queen I am. We will paint together, take a nice stroll and just enjoy the beauty all around us. Taking our time and loving every minute. I’m healed so there’s nothing in my way. Unbelief washes over me…this IS my new life. God has brought me such a mighty long way! Nothing is taken for granted. Not even the air in my lungs. Every day now is like being reborn. This is my new Groundhog Day and I’m loving it. Well done, Queen LadyDen, well done! You have arrived. You’re a survivor. You’re brand new. It’s time for her majesty to take a vacation….where shall I go?!  ;D Anywhere this Queen desires.  :thumbsup:

Wildling, excellent writing! I'm a failed English teacher turned building contractor and business owner. I'm also an avid reader, which I suspect you are too. I may write a note to my future self. The idea is inspiring.

LadyDen, that was so powerful and beautiful! Let us read these every single day an envision our healed future.

Andy, thank you so much for your kindness. I’m glad that this inspired you. Please do write your own letter, you can post it here!

To my future self or maybe an alternate reality.

Look at you! You can eat! Look all that weight you put on! Good job on having that chub! You are able to have conversations and leave your house. You feel that warm fuzzy feeling when you hug your partner. You have motivation to do things. You WANT to do things. You want to and feel creative. Its ok when feel sad because you can now feel happy. You can feel positive emotion again!! When people ask if you have hobbies you can say yes. I bet you are drawing again. I bet you like the art museum because it no longer feels like watching a wall. Love the sh!t out of your family!!

Hello, future Aria.

I hear you’re doing well! Better than well, even. I hear you wake up in the mornings and the first words out of your mouth are, “I’m glad I’m alive today.” You don’t even think about the past you, because that you is gone. She’s a fading memory who suffered a great deal, but used it to benefit her future by serving as a reminder that the body and mind heal! It’s been a tough journey, I know. You didn’t think you were going to make it so many times. You felt hopeless, sad, broken, but you picked up all your broken, strewn pieces and you sorted them and put them back together.

That is a feat in itself and you should be proud of yourself every day for where you are now. You’re strong to have been through all you went through and not let it crush you into the ground and stamp out your fire. I’m betting you take every experience and use it to learn from. You don’t let people tell you what you can and can’t achieve, because your own mind has beaten you down much more than any other person ever could. You’re now living a better, healthier life and you’re loving it. You might still have struggles, and that’s okay. You’re allowed to struggle, but you’ve been at your lowest. You know what that experience feels like. You’ve been at the bottom of the pit and you found a way out. You crawled through hell on your hands and knees and still overcame everything thrown at you.

Now go live your life as the best version of you and learn to love her immensely, because she deserves it!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to write this as a letter from my future self.  Thank you for this thread, Wild, sorry it took me so long to get to it. 

Dear Sage,

I know you have worries.  I know that right now, every day is a struggle and that you wonder if you will ever enjoy life again.  I'm here to tell you that you will, darling, you will. 

Let me tell you how my day went.  I got up feeling happy and rested and ready for adventure.  So I packed a lunch and drove with the boys to the mountains for a picnic.  We stopped at Ohanapecosh to eat our lunch (which by the way was delicious and not "low histamine").  After that, we drove all the way to Paradise and went hiking.  The alpine air smelled wonderfully pungent and the sun and wind on my skin felt blissful.  We saw fields full of avalanche lilies and other beautiful wildflowers.  Deer and marmots greeted us on the trail.  The view of all those mountains marching off into the distance gladdened my heart.  And the big mountain, Rainier, well you already know how majestic and astonishingly massive she is.  I love that mountain. 

Sometimes you simply have to plod through the fires of hell to get to paradise.  Keep going my darling girl.  It really, really does get better.  So much better.  It will all be worth it in the end. 

Love, Me

Thank you everyone for your vulnerability and sharing your beautiful hopeful letters. May you keep those close to your heart and read them everyday. I printed mine on paper to read.

Hardy, thank you for your kind comment, I am glad it touched your heart. Maybe that is a sign to write your own, to keep for yourself or then share here if you’d like.

:smitten: