Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Newbie Hello

[la...]

Hello.

I am a mid 30's female. Never doctor shopped- did not need too....

I want to taper because I am feeling out of control and like I need the medicine and have started abusing it (xanax, Klonopin, Ambien is what I am prescribed) but would not opposed to an offered Valium  :crazy: Present dose is about 3-4mg Xanax, 1-2 mg Klonopin, 10mg Ambien.

I was recently a victim of a sexual assault and have decided I need to take the power back. I have not yet started a taper other than I have stopped drinking (3 days ago). I also took adderall which I have not taken in 3 days as I felt the the adderall caused increased anxiety.

Ummmm, hope that is a decent enough intro to join the buddies. :yippee:

[a0...]

lawndaisey,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

I'm happy you found us.

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with the sexual assault.

I also took adderall which I have not taken in 3 days as I felt the the adderall caused increased anxiety.

Adderall is an upper, much like Ritalin, Concerta. It will cause anxiety. I was prescribed Ritalin once, and it was addictive. I was misdiagnosed with Narcolepsy. Which really was me falling over because of the Klonopin sedation.

Present dose is about 3-4mg Xanax, 1-2 mg Klonopin, 10mg Ambien.

We can help you with a taper plan. I think you need to stabilize on a dose, firstly. As you don't want to vary the doses. Does this make sense?

Once you stabilize, you can wait 2 weeks.. and start your taper.

Others will be along to weigh in. Take a look around the forum, and get acquainted.

You will find plenty of support here.

Sigma.

Welcome!

You've come to the right place for help with your benzo taper.

Sorry to hear about the sexual assault. I totally understand the desire to numb out from that type of trauma. GLad you are going to fight back.

High five on knocking out the booze. Its a great starting point! Be proud of that!

Hope you make a lot of friends here.

It's a great forum.

Welcome lawndaisy!   :)

I'm so sorry to hear about the trauma of sexual assault that you suffered.  What a terrible experience that has no doubt caused you a deep amount of pain.  I can truly understand why you needed to receive help in the form of the medications you're on.  I'm a newbie, too (just joined yesterday) and I can already tell you that you've come to the most supportive, safe and loving place possible to start your journey towards becoming medication-free.  There is also an immense amount of knowledge here.

Congratulations on quitting alcohol.  That's an amazing accomplishment that you should be very proud of.  You're already doing great!!!  :yippee:

Warmest wishes to you!

Claudia  :smitten:

Hello Lawndaisy and welcome to BB. I am so sorry to hear of what you went through. Congrats on quitting alcohol, that is a big accomplishment! Let us know how we can help you with your taper, we can help you with a plan.

Daisy-BB usually recommends tapering one med at a time. You might want to consider tapering the ambien first, because they work on similar sections of the brain as benzos. Also ,you might want to consider stabilizing on one benzo instead of mixing both Klon and xanax. Probably better to stabilize on Klon as the longer half life makes it a better candidate to use for tapering...................BOX

• 4 weeks later...

Daisy-BB usually recommends tapering one med at a time. You might want to consider tapering the ambien first, because they work on similar sections of the brain as benzos. Also ,you might want to consider stabilizing on one benzo instead of mixing both Klon and xanax. Probably better to stabilize on Klon as the longer half life makes it a better candidate to use for tapering...................BOX

Do I stop the Xanax all together? Do I increase the Klonopin? In the past I took the Klonopin in the morning with Adderall and Xanax later in the day. I am now (well 5 days off Adderall but I do have some ADD (or just plain laziness)- I am not taking much Ambien but over the counter sleeping medicine as needed....

Hi lawndaisey,

It's good to see you back.  Post your last question in the 'Substitution Taper Plans' by clicking on the 'forum' at the top of the page and scrolling down to the correct blog.  You will get some great advice.  Good luck.

Patty  xo

Do I stop the Xanax all together? Do I increase the Klonopin? In the past I took the Klonopin in the morning with Adderall and Xanax later in the day. I am now (well 5 days off Adderall but I do have some ADD (or just plain laziness)- I am not taking much Ambien but over the counter sleeping medicine as needed....

I have my personal opinion but this is something you should ultimately discuss with your doctor. Whatever you do, do not just stop taking the xanax or klonopin.