Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

How long do windows last

I'm in a window right now and it's been 2 weeks I don't know if this is longer then it's supposed to be if this is a good thing or what.I'm confused but also worried that this means when the window goes away it will hit me worse then ever.Does anyone have any input on this?

That depend john... when windows come and how long they last are extremely variant amongst people.  Generally the quickest windows seem to be the ones that show up first after tapering or a c/t.  They may only last a few minutes or hours.  The windows may get better in quality and last longer as more time goes by.  Although the frequency at which they occur seems to be unpredictable.  Several people have posted about getting windows within their first couple months only to never get any more for many more months after that.

When I went back into what I now realize was acute withdrawal in the middle of April... for 3 weeks I only had 1 day where I felt functional.. or closer to myself.  It wasn't even really a whole day, it was more like several hours or so where I had my appetite back, little to no symptoms.. and a boost of confidence.  I was grateful for it, but at the same time it made the returning symptoms seem like they were worse than ever.  I do think that is perception though.  Sometimes the symptoms can feel even worse once the window passes because we experience how great it feels to almost feel normal.

I get two kinds of windows; one that is general relief from symptoms that lasts up to about 10 days, and the AWESOME windows where I feel like I am in heaven for a few hours.

I started having windows, although very short, when I reached about 5 mg. Valium.  They only lasted a few hours and I've had maybe two or three of them.  Since hitting 3 mg., I actually had an entire day where I felt somewhat close to the old me I remember being.  I also had that "boost of confidence" Crono spoke of and it was like heaven because it was totally unexpected.  I forgot what it was like to have some self-esteem as I thought the benzos sucked that all out of me.  I was more relaxed and laid back than I've been in years; it felt odd but normal at the same time, if that makes any sense.

Can't wait to get off this stuff completely so I can have more of those little slices of heaven.

Mal

Hi guys, does everyone get windows at some point in recovery? I am not sure if i have had any yet to be honest. What are they

like, is it a period where you feel absolutely fine and dos'nt feel like you even took any benzo's..?

They sound wonderful to be honest, because i could do with a little break from these never ending withdrawal symptoms

i am getting ! Even a few minutes would be nice  :)