Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Other forums you post in? What are some of your fav websites?

[An...]

This is the main forum that I post in daily but I am a member of several other online communities. I don't really do FB and twitter. I did create an anonymous FB account to see what ppl found so fascinating about FB. I joined a few of the benzo w/d FB groups. I never posted much. I would mostly just read. I do not like the FB benzo support groups. I still consider BB the gold standard when it comes to benzo w/d.

I have quora, reddit, and disqus accounts. I post in these communities but very infrequently.  I also belong to a car repair, home improvement, and a computer / technology forum, but I usually only post in these communities when I have a relevant specific problem.

What other forums/online communities do you participate in besides this one, including things like twitter and FB? What is your fav website?

Oh, I love youTube for learning how to do things. YouTube DIY videos have saved me so much money. I love it. YouTube is probably my favorite website. This website is my second favorite to visit.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't belong to any other online groups but I have used YouTube occasionally, how to shim a door, how to change a bike tire, how to swap out toilet guts.  :laugh:

That is great Pam. I bought a cheap weed eater from Walmart about a year ago. Instead of reading the manual on how to change out string spool, I was lazy and went to youtube, did a quick search, and sure enough, there were videos of ppl showing you how to do this. After watching one short 3 min. video, I went out and did it easily.  :laugh:

right now all I can do is youtube :)

It is what it is.

Do you mainly do it for distraction ThatOneGirlStitch?

edit: grammar correction 1/25/22  10:46PM EST

I love youtube for learning how to do things! so I do have an account so I know what I"ve watched or not  :laugh:

I have fb and am a member of a few pages - the most recent one is for incubating eggs (i've hatched a few the past few months) and an upcycling group.

My fave is ELRforum - eliquidrecipes - they helped me get started mixing my own eliquid when I started vaping and they were super helpful when I was a noob ;D

I use Twitter and Facebook some. I visit YouTube for a distraction. I'm a member of an "EVIL" TV show fan club group on FB. I'm one of the Group Experts because of my extensive education and background on Mystical Theology and Demonology, only a small number of members get that distinction. Most of my FB activity is in that group. When the show was airing on Paramount+ in the US, it was a great distraction visiting the group after each episode. While done in the US, "EVIL" currently is airing on Paramount+ in Canada, Alibi in the UK, and Stann in Australia, according to group members living in those countries. So there has been recent activity from members living in those locations. And I'm there to answer any questions related to my expertise. Sometimes a song pops in my head, so I head to YouTube to find a video. Sometimes I go down the YouTube rabbit hole, and discover something new, like the band SKALD. So, anything to distract myself. TV shows, videos, social media; to pass time and forget how miserable I feel.

Sometimes I go down the YouTube rabbit hole, and discover something new, like the band SKALD. So, anything to distract myself. TV shows, videos, social media; to pass time and forget how miserable I feel.

LMAO @ BenzoLottie...I have gone down the youTube rabbit hole too. Still LOL-- :laugh:

It is a great distraction sometimes.

Sometimes I go down the YouTube rabbit hole, and discover something new, like the band SKALD. So, anything to distract myself. TV shows, videos, social media; to pass time and forget how miserable I feel.

LMAO @ BenzoLottie...I have gone down the youTube rabbit hole too. Still LOL-- :laugh:

It is a great distraction sometimes.

Anything to pass the time and forget the suffering.  ::)

I don't do any other websites or social media except YouTube, which I love.  I am frugal but I pay for the ad-free premium version since I use it so much (so much better :-).  Watching videos on cooking or crochet or whatever comes to mind helped get me through withdrawl; I use it more than Netflix these days for entertainment.

Those ads are very annoying Kate. I can use ad blockers to block most of them on my PC but you can't do this using a smart device like a phone. I mostly use my smartphone for podcast listening. I hardly ever talk or text on it.