Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Does your job make your physical symptoms worse?

I have a physical job where I use my arms, chest and upper back muscles and I feel that it makes the numbness and tightness worse in these areas. I had weened myself off of .5 to 1 mg of klonopin the beginning of this year and my last day taking it was 3/17/2011, and I was getting better, except for the feeling of something being caught in my throat/upper lungs and some shortness of breath issues and at the time I thought maybe it was allergies, so I went to the allergy Doc and he gave me a perscription for Prednesone(steroid), which I wasn't to keen on taking, but I thought if it would help then I would take it. 3rd day in and I stopped taking it as it brought on anxiety. Now after joining this forum I have read "don't take any type of steroid."

Then within a few days of that I had to get on an airplane (5/3/11) took .5 of xanax and then had to take another .25 while away for a week and then another .25 to fly home a week later. Then I got a bad cold where I was coughing up a lung and I am getting better and back to work, but I really am experiencing a lot of numbness and muscle tension in my chest and upper back and I don't want to make things worse by doing my physical job, but I also can't really afford not to do my job as I am self employed.

Just want to know if anyone has any experience with a physical job and if it makes it worse.