Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Morning anxiety - short-term valium withdrawal

Hi. Xanax 13 days for panic attack - got switched to 12 day Valium wean (from 22mg to 2mg) to counteract bad Xanax withdrawals.  Am now almost one month off Valium but still suffering awful morning anxiety which tends to lessen during day.  Do I have to live with this or will it eventually pass??? Thanks.

Morning anxiety seems to be one of the most common benzo withdrawal symptoms.  It will eventually pass :thumbsup:

Hi Angel958.  So you were just on xanax for 12 days?  How long did it take you to go off the valium?  Valium can take up to 30 days to process fully out of the body.  So it is likely that you might have symptoms for a while longer.  Also, sometimes rebound anxiety can come back and be stronger than the anxiety that started the whole thing but with time and with working on learning coping strategies to manage the stress, the anxiety can lessen. I had very strong morning anxiety and still have sometimes.  I was on valium too.

Best,

Vertigo

Hi Vertigo I was only on a valium taper over 12 days starting at 22mg going to 2mg on day 12 and jumping off. Still had severe withdrawals first 2 weeks but this anxiety is lingering. Today is pretty bad

• 1 month later...

Morning anxiety seems to be one of the most common benzo withdrawal symptoms.  It will eventually pass :thumbsup:

I used to get the anxiety and dark thoughts early in the morning and they seemed to wake me up and keep me up around 3am when I was 2-3mg lorazapam/day But that was February through April. Now I wake up around 5am doing ok and the agitation does not strart until 9am and lasts until noon. Is that normal.

Hello Klondike. This is quite an old thread you replied to. Perhaps you should start a new one.

However, I can tell you I am now 3 months off and I experience the same as you - wake up about 9 with the jitters and anxiety  but it is not as intense as it was when I started this thread.  It usually wears off around noon or 1 pm. It's disconcerting and hoping it will eventually go.

So, yes, this must be perfectly normal.