Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Anyone with myoclonic jerks?

I seem to be developing this most terrible symptom and does anybody else have it? What medication might you suggest? Thanks

[7d...]

I have some Myoclonic Jerking.

We can't recommend medication on here. You can talk with your doctor about that.

Do you see a Neurologist?

I see a Neuro.

The jerks are bad, I know. I have them in my left leg.

I had these before Benzo's.

S#

I am starting to get jerks on any appendage including the neck at the point of dropping off to sleep so sleep is not possible without a half zopiclone which is almost self defeating as they should  not be taken. I only see my GP as it is a withdrawal symptom and he today prescribed primidone. I know nothing about it. This is all I know http://u.voizle.com/f0rg3 from our govt health base.

I had these early in withdrawal. I couldnt fall asleep I would jerk so much. One night I thought I was having a strange type of seizure as they kept happening every  minute or so for quite some time. I freaked out.

Mine finally went away when I got down in the lower numbers. (Other yucky things showed up.)

Hope you get some relief soon.

I would have these as well, along with brain zaps.  Quite irritating when it happens just as you are nodding off to sleephttp://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m575/maxmoo/Funny%20Pics/Decor%20Smileys/thc314df9.gif.

Hi Wa Happenning,

I have these muyclonic Jerks. I recommend you dont take any med for this or any other symptom or sx you have. Their is nothing you can take to recommend it (it is a real conditon but is treated only with Benzo's) although very unpleasant this is W/D. It will go eventually so dont worry... I called an ambulance when 1st got these the Paramedics had never seen this before. They called them Involunatry spasms. If you know of Baylissa Frederick she has these to. She calls them Wacko symptoms. Well she drives still has them but not so bad...Bye Tess...

I started getting these at about week 11 off benzos and at 4 months off they are still with me.  They are wd related but I don't know when they will go away.  did not have them before.

Yes to severe myoclunus. Action myoclunus as well as the regular old kind. BAD!!!! :o I went to emergency when it got really bad and they offered me klonapin. Not much to do after that except try to survive it. :-\ It was at this point that I joined BB. Wow that was almost three years ago. Scary times for sure. Thanks Colin and Eljay for being here.  :mybuddy::smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I had these awful too and they completely went away...I would not take medication for them, just give it time!

Hi Wa Happenning,

I have these muyclonic Jerks. I recommend you dont take any med for this or any other symptom or sx you have. Their is nothing you can take to recommend it (it is a real conditon but is treated only with Benzo's) although very unpleasant this is W/D. It will go eventually so dont worry... I called an ambulance when 1st got these the Paramedics had never seen this before. They called them Involunatry spasms. If you know of Baylissa Frederick she has these to. She calls them Wacko symptoms. Well she drives still has them but not so bad...Bye Tess...

Bliss emailed me that she feels she is cured of benzo things. Her movement disorder was something she had pre-benzos she said.

Just so we don't freak anyone out thinking that we never heal.

[7d...]
Bliss emailed me that she feels she is cured of benzo things. Her movement disorder was something she had pre-benzos she said.

Just so we don't freak anyone out thinking that we never heal.

Yes, I have talked with Bliss before. She's a very positive and beautiful person.

Just so I do not freak anyone out. I had the jerks before Benzo's as well in my left leg. They are still there, but I had the jerks when I was on the Klonopin.

Also if I ever talk about seizures. Let me repeat this. If I ever talk about seizures, I have a childhood history of them.

So hopefully I don't scare anyone.

S#