Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Tapering: Crossed over to valium a couple of weeks ago

[JC...]

Hi, All,

Just started tapering.  Crossed over to valium.  Haven't really determined if 15 mg or 20 mg daily is good starting point for me.

I've been on klonopin for over 15 years!  It really doesn't work that well anymore -- unless I up dose, which I am not interested in doing.

Let's see what happens.  The Valium is making me sick, but sedates me by mid-afternoon/evening.

Mornings aren't so good.

Curley

Hello Curley, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

We're glad you're here, we'll help you find your way through this mess, we have many members who have crossed over to Valium.  What was your original benzo and how much were you on?  Are you questioning the crossover equivalents or are you just trying to find a place where you're stable?

Please ask questions, we're here to help.

Pam

Hi Curley,

Welcome to Benzo Buddies! You have come to the right place. Everyone here is very helpful and supportive.

Valium is very sedating in the beginning, but most people adjust to it. Please let us know how we can help!

Kim  :thumbsup:

Hi jcurley and welcome.

As Kim said, Valium can be sedating the first week or so until your body has time to adjust.

What dose of Klonopin were you on before crossing to Valium?

We're glad to have you and please feel free to ask questions. :)

I just recently c/o to Valium and am doing ok.  I get so tired by late afternoon and evening and it sounds like thats part of the process.  Hang in there and let everyone know what dose you were on, this will help determine how much Valium your body needs.  Keep posting and coming here, it really helps to know we are not alone.