Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Fatique/cant sleep enough

Im at 20mg V and i cant seem to get enough sleep. I am taking 100mg trazadone for sleep at night but im still getting only 6-7 hours of late and going through my days very tired. This tiredness has also turned into fatique and exhaustion. Has anyone else experienced this? any tips?

Hi, jd.

I'm sorry you are getting 6-7 hours of sleep but still feeling fatigued.  Both trazadone and valium can cause that feeling and our sleep on benzos doesn't seem to be the same restorative sleep we get when sleeping without it.  Maybe try reducing the traz. some?

oddly enough this is a new thing for me, I switched from blue 10mg valium to yellow 5mg valium. Since this cut from 25 to 20 is when ive started to feel this way and dont really know how to handle it

Embrace it!

Look back and remember when you couldn't sleep while your were on benzos.  I sure do...those 24 hours non stop panic attacks.  They sucked!  I tapered from 120mg of Valium and was up all night long. People around me thought I was taking sugar pills and I even wondered the same.  When I reach the 20mg mark I became very tired and finally just crashed and started to sleep.  I didn't do the trazadone thing, but to each his own.. I say ditch it - why introduce another med into your system that crosses the blood, brain, barrier?  Of course do this under a doctors consent - my two cents.

I reached a point where I was sleeping 18 hours a day and had to drink like 8 red bulls just to make it through the day.  I pushed myself too hard and caught mono (ebv).  Had I let my body and mind do its thing - then I probably would never had gotten mono.

Your body and mind will make up for lost sleep eventually - let it happen naturally.

Ziggy