Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Starting to get off KPin

[cr...]

Been taking anywhere from 1-4 mg Klonapins that have been prescribed for me for about 1.5 years. Looking to get off the med and trying to get more into meditation, relaxation therapy, etc. Trying to go down by .5 mg per week. Thinking of possibly doing some herbal supplementation also.

Thanks

[b2...]

crosby75,

Welcoming you to BenzoBuddies.

You will find support here on how to safely taper off the Klonopin.

Sigma.

Crosby, glad you found us , and after reading your intro I would stronglyllllllllllllll advise you not to drop .5 mg. at a time, unless you have been on a very steady diet of 4 mg. per day.  At that strength , you might get away with it for a few weeks, but after that , as you get lower, that kind of cut could really bring on the wd's.  Now thats not written in stone, just advice based on alot of stories that have passed thru this site. 

Not saying you can't do it , just warning you of the possible outcome if you go too fast. 

You say you have been taking from 1 to4 mg. per day.  Is there a minimum you take per day, or an average  you try to stay at.  The very first thing that would help is getting on a steady dose for a week or two then reducing gradually from there.

st

Hi and welcome to BenzoBuddies, crosby75.

I'm sure we can help you get off the Klono.  I also made cuts of .5mg at the beginning but rather quickly had to slow down to .25mg cuts.  Your body will let you know.  Softtail is right about getting on a steady dose first, though.  If you can stabilize on less than 4mg/day, obviously you will have that much less to taper off of.

Just a word about supplements:  our members have had very mixed results from adding supplements.  Before you do, you might want to do a forum search for the particular ones you are considering and/or starting a new topic on the Alternative Therapies & Supplements Board.