Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Hello everyone, finally i might be able to get some answer's !

[...]

Hi, my name is kevin and i took valium, daily for about 3 years. At one point i was taking 45ml a day but i have

been clean since 12 january 2011. I will write some more about myself and how i ended up here in the near future :)

I have been clean for 4 months now but my thighs still ache and my shoulders and my chest are tight a little. I also have

low energy, feeling tired all the time. I am 30 years old by the way, good time to get recovery :)

After 4 months should i still be feeling ropey like this,as i did'nt expect to be like this after 4 months..

Im glad i can get some answers from people who can really help as you understand.

Chat soon, thanks, Kevin.

Hi Kevin and welcome to BB.  Congrats on becoming valium free.  Yes, it is quite "normal" to have s/x at four months.  I only recently wrote my "success story" at 18 months off valium.  The average recovery time off benzodiazepenes is between 6-18 months.  Many feel pretty good by about 3-4 months but some symptoms may linger for up to a year or more uncommonly, a little longer.  It may vary, depending on the individual, time of use, dose, other medications, other factors...  Looking forward to seeing you around forum.

Best,

Vertigo

[e7...]

Hello Kevin,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

Congrats on being Benzo-Free.

I have the low energy and feeling tired too.

It sounds like common withdrawal symptoms to me.

Sigma.

Thanks guys, i must admit, i feel better in myself than i did 4 months ago and the mental stuff is much better at the

moment as i talk to other friends in recovery. But i was wondering if i am being unlucky as i am still physically suffering.

Coming of benzo's is a lot harder than i thought it would be and post using is harder than the actual tappering at the

moment ! 

I do have faith though and i know it just takes time :)

I'm glad you've noticed some improvement KF, you seem pretty good for only 4 months off the drug.  The mental, emotional and physical symptoms are pretty rough, and vary for each of us, but they do eventually leave.  Have you read the Ashton manual, it really helped me to know the symptoms I was feeling were common and it also explains why we feel them.  Check out chapter 3.  http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/

Pam

Thanks Pam, i will read that now. I am working my way though other posts and stuff at the moment too, the chat was very helpful earlier aswell.

I see you asked what a window is, for me it was the absence of fear and a feeling of peace and calm.  My windows only lasted for a few moments, but they were wonderful.  You might all of a sudden realize you don't hurt, or that your tinnitus has quieted, any number things can signify a window.  Your brain is trying desperately to get back all of it's functions the drug crippled, this is part of the process.

Windows , ah I remember them well.  Never knew when they would come, and they didn't last long, but they gave me a peek at my normal self if only for a short time.  I remember  my first window  and the odd time it came. 

I am an avid motorcyclist, and was on a poker run with some friends.  It was at the height of my benzo addiction, during my withdrawl period and I was having no fun at all at the event.  I remember looking around and seeing people having a good time , laughing, and there I was with no sense of joy whatsoever.  I muddled thru the event and my wife and I were riding home when the voltage regulator went on the bike.  Here we were about five miles from town, bike broken , and me a mess on benzo's. 

I called my son to come get me with  our trailer, and my wife got a ride home with a friend that happened by, so that left me to wait for my son to get there with trailer..

Then , a window.  It was a beautiful day, and all of a sudden I felt very peaceful, no anxiety, and for about 2 hours I was pretty much my old self again.    Unfortunately , as evening came , things got worse again, but I'll never forget that window, which made me more determined than ever to kick the drug and get my life back.

That was nearly 2 years ago and here I am 100 % and feeling great.  Hang in there your time will come.

st

good on you mate..I am just starting my journey and if i feel the way i feel now it ain't going to be a pleasant one....I went to a doctor today and when i told him i took 20 milligram he was horrified like i will over dose on it...you were taking 45 milligram,.....why are doctors so differant as this is a very hard thing benzo and they just seam to hand them out like lollies...Any way mate congrats and if i read what every one else is writing  sooner or later it has to come out of your body totally.... wish you all the luck

I have had a couple of windows recently, they only lasted for about 15 to 20 seconds max. It has happened when i was

talking to people and laughing and for a brief time i forgot i was going through w/d and it felt great. I cant wait to feel like that

all the time !!