Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

New Here

[wo...]

Hi,

I am new here and posting to get approval for further posts. I have a 16 year old daughter who has been on Klonopin for the past 2 month and after reading more about it, have many questions/concerns.

Thank you,

Worriedmom

Hi Worriedmom, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I don't blame you for being worried, this is serious drug which can have catastrophic consequences to the lives of those who will suffer from benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome.  Not everyone who takes the drug will face what we do, but it's a scary thought to see one so young take a powerful drug as this.

Please let us know more of your daughters situation so we can help you understand.

Pam

Hi Worried Mom.  I responded to your thread in "withdrawal support'.  You sound very concerned for your daughter and with valid reason.  However, at this point she is on the klonopin and perhaps the best attitude is to be grateful that maybe it calmed her down enough to prevent self harm to herself or others.  It will be important to help manage the dose, make sure she does not miss a dose and particularly not a day because there can be very strong s/x with missed doses of this powerful medication.  It might be helpful for her to read about some of the s/x of missing a dose as well as the addictive impact of taking more than the prescribed dose.  I wouldn't necessarily show her this forum but googling klonopin might provide some insight as to why not to miss a dose or abuse the medication. Anyway, I'm sorry that you have to go through this. Having a teenager can often be stressful enough, let alone adding klonopin addiction.  Perhaps you might find other medical opinions where you live.  Be careful of detox facilities which tend to get people off benzodiazepenes like klonopin too quickly often with very unpleasant outcomes.

Best wishes,

Vertigo

Hello and welcome to BB Worried Mom. I am sorry to hear about the situation your daughter is in. Can you provide us with some more details? Let us know how we can help, is she looking to taper off the medication?