Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Introduction - Need support and information

[mc...]

.5 to 1 mg of klonopin for 1.5 yrs, .5 xanax for a year or so before that, 3mg of lunesta for a year before that, xanax and diazapam during different times of my life. Tapered off klonopin without support February and March 2011 with last dose March 17, 2011. Have taken limited xanax for a trip I had to take this month. Main issues, extreme muscle tightness with some numbness and throat issues. Does anybody have suggestions for dealing with extreme muscle tightness?

Hello mcfuzzie, welcome to BenzoBuddies!  

Congrats on being benzo free ;)  I would suggest that you refrain from taking "as needed" doses since you are off.  It can become a very bad habit and spiral out of control quickly.  Give your body time to heal.  

Muscle tightness and throat tightness/numbess are quite common withdrawal symptoms.  Time and staying away from benzos during healing, is your best hope for relief.  As for short term relief, I have read that many people have benefited from epsom salt baths when it comes to stiff muscles.  Both the hot water and the magnesium (natural muscle relaxant) may help to relax the muscles.  You can do some searches about it, most of what I found is positive.  

Thank you for your response. I will try the epsom salt baths as you suggested. I had noticed that on the forum as well. I have seen an ad in some yoga magazines about a product called Ancient minerals, it is magnesium products that you can put in your bath or directly on your skin which they advertise as being more efficient than oral supplementation. Any thoughts on this?

Maybe you could post a thread in our Alternative Therapies and Supplements board about this?  Perhaps some of our members may have heard of it or tried it.