Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Sometimes we need a good laugh... in part/other part where Ron is at.

Hi all.  Pattly here for my hubby Ron, that's why I guided to this site.  Ron's been off Lorazepam 17wks last Friday... still having a rough time. Due to his previous back problem he cannot sit at computer.  Got him an Ipad2. He's 68, I'm almost 62 (ick), he was a very successful business proprietor for 35 years, built an insurance agency from scratch... and with our age group... all were with paper and books.. then, the major company in this country (US) finally introduced the dinosor hardware and s/ware in the 80's.  They never really progressed us forward until around 1999... then we freaked out... too much technology to learn.

To start... Ron is having really rough wd's.. I know part is his stress level making it worse, though I know most is physical from the benzo wd.  I was there in 80's, no i/net in those days.. went thru hell.  Then we fast forward to 2010.. Ron put on Lorazepam.. in less then two months the hell began. I found this wonderful site in July 2010.. and then realized, not only what was happening to him, but what happened to me.  OMG.  So.. in Aug we began tapering, pill cuts, slow.. probably too slow, too many tolerance wds.. he finally jumped Jan 2011.  First few days great, then all hell broke lose. Ron cannot see many changes going forward, and I understand that knowing what I went through.  But he is moving forward.  Looking at 17 wks off... that's just under four month (4.33 weeks per month)... he has had some windows.. very short.. just keep helping him to remember.  Its tough, like all of you know, and I do understand first hand.  So lets get to the hardy laugh that we need.

I worked with Ron in his insurance agency for 26.5 years f/time.  When the company upped to big time current technology.. we all freaked out.  Myself and his staff went thru training on all.  Ron refused... he was sales.. it was up to all of us to do it for him, like he said "I'm not on it, you all are.. I'm out selling."  Well, I finally convinced him to try to do  the tutorials...  suddenly he his huffing and puffing and say Patty... dammit come in here I have so frustrated... Went into his office.. he said... How the hell do you work this "rabbit"... I said WHAT...  for almost one hour myself and his staff howled and rolled... he meant the MOUSE!.  So... I hope u get somewhat of a good laugh visually thinking about this scenario... we howled.  So.. now he has his Ipad2.. not on it yet.  but I will get him on it, so he can communicate with all of you.  I read everything all of you post to help him thur it.. to see what a great wonderful group of all you all are.  Bless all of you.  I'll get him on soon, so he can communicate with all of you... and we won't have to worry about a mouse or a rabbit.. LOL.  Love to u all, Pattylu

Haha great story! Its great that he has seen windows even if they where small, they are great reminders of what is to come!

Take care,

Dane

That is so funny! I needed a good laugh this morning, thank you. It is so nice the way you help Ron, he sounds like a great guy!

Laughter really is the best medicine!