Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Taper from Clonidine

[Fr...]

Hello,

I had a lot filled in about my history...i should have saved it....i lost everything when i tried to spell check!! LOL

Oh well....

I'm not on benzos (Thanks to Benzoland!) I finished my modified taper last March from being on Ativan 10mg and Percocet 5mgs for three years.

I would like to taper safely from Clonidine. I had a few protracted withdrawals in the last couple of weeks and took Clonidine twice per day ever since.

I'll give more details later.

Sincerely,

FrankieH

Hello FrankieH, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

Congratulations on being benzo free, I'll bet you're glad that's behind you.  I don't have any experience with Clonidine, but you could check our Other Prescribed Medications board to see if others have found a good way to taper from it.

Pam

Hi Frankie,

The board description for 'other prescribed meds' is as follows...For issues arrising out of poly-drug use and withdrawal; drug interactions; and how other medicines might affect benzodiazepine withdrawal.

Please feel free to discuss clonidine in relation to your benzo withdrawal on that board. Offering taper plans off of other medications (aside from benzos and Z drugs) is beyond the scope of this forum.

There are one or two other forums you may want to try....

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Addiction/show/326 (don't let the 'addiction' title throw you. It's just a forum where you can 'ask a doctor' advice on how to taper, etc.)

www.paxilprogress.org.

Congratulations on your successful benzo taper!

eljay

Congratulations on being benzo free, I'll bet you're glad that's behind you.  I don't have any experience with Clonidine, but you could check our Other Prescribed Medications board to see if others have found a good way to taper from it.

Pam

Hi Pam!!

Thanks for accepting me. I did miss this place! It looks absolutely lovely here! I love what you guys did with the place!!!

Pam

Hi Pam!!

Thanks for accepting me. I did miss this place! It looks absolutely lovely here! I love what you guys did with the place!!!

Do you have another member name Frankie?

Hi Pamster,

No, when i was here before, i went by FrankieH too.

Thank you, it's great to be here!!

Frankie  ;D

Pam

Thank you Pam!! I'll check it out!!!

Hello Frankie,

Welcome to BB  :)

Congrats on being benzo free!!!!  :yippee:

Thank you Bevoir!!! I really appreciate it!!! :yippee:

Hi Frankie,

The board description for 'other prescribed meds' is as follows...For issues arrising out of poly-drug use and withdrawal; drug interactions; and how other medicines might affect benzodiazepine withdrawal.

Please feel free to discuss clonidine in relation to your benzo withdrawal on that board. Offering taper plans off of other medications (aside from benzos and Z drugs) is beyond the scope of this forum.

There are one or two other forums you may want to try....

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Addiction/show/326 (don't let the 'addiction' title throw you. It's just a forum where you can 'ask a doctor' advice on how to taper, etc.)

Thank you Eljay!!! I really appreciate the information!! I was kind of scared about the Clonidine because i read somewhere that it's extremely dangerous to stop abruptly. Thank you again and nice to meet you.

Frankie ;D

www.paxilprogress.org.

Congratulations on your successful benzo taper!

eljay

Hi Pam,

No, i was listed as FrankieH when i was here before.  :)

That's odd Frankie, because the system wouldn't allow you to rejoin using the same member name, since that one has already been taken.  Are you sure it was FrankieH?  Oh well, no matter, you're here now.