Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Diarrhea anyone? (sorry, not a fun topic)

Has anyone been experiencing ongoing diarrhea from tapering or withdrawal?  Does it matter if you dry cut or titrate?  Is dosage timing/amount a factor?

Any suggestions? -- I can't afford to have this continue.  No food wants to stay in my system and I'm underweight already.

Oh yeah. Definitely happened to me.

Take immodium. It works. Take one pill for each episode of the runs (which means diarrhea, not loose stool).

Make sure you drink lots of fluids, mostly water.  Juice and fruit are to be avoided.  Try eating the BRAT diet (banana, rice, apple sauce, toast).  You could try Culturelle (a probiotic).  Are you taking any other meds now like an antibiotic?  If it persists, you may wish to see your doctor since even with water consumption, one can become dehydrated after a couple days of the runs and become ill.  Do you have any fever?.  Yes, I had it occasionally during my taper, usually when I was taking an antibiotic for a sinus problem.  The probiotic helped, not sure if it would in other cases. Check with your doctor if not sure.

Feel better,

Vertigo

I did just start taking a probiotic (Culturelle) yesterday. 

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'll take them.  Nothing is staying in my system.

I did have several people recommend the BRAT diet so I  might try that. 

Any grain products I eat are usually whole grains, which of course have fiber.  Would I be better off with lower fiber (processed) foods for diarrhea?