Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Hitt Clinic anyone? Amino acid IV?

Hi BB!

I know one of you out there has been to the Hitt Clinic in Mexico.... has anybody else gone to a treatment center where they use either the Hitt recipe or NORAA recipe to detox off of a benzo?  If so, tell me all about it, please.  Just curious if they work for people or not...

I hope you are all having a wonderful day!!

Lisa

[64...]

Hi Lisa

I know a member whose husband went to hit and another one who went herself... hopefully they will answer you.

I went to a clinic in Costa Rica with a similar protocol.....let's just say I'm 6 months out and not well.

Interestingly enough they closed shop and then went to Malibu. They had good luck with street drugs and alcohol but other benzo and psych med patients that i met didnt do too well on their protocol.

I'm sure you'll get some good feedback here from other BB's. I wish I could go back, save the $$$$ and taper. They jumped me off at .5MG K which was way too much for me.

No taper just a load of supplements and IV's, etc ugh ugh

AWFUL

went in there 125+ pounds and left 108 and very sick!

xMelo

[ef...]

Lisa,

Here's a link to what elwahstilly had to say...http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=28563.msg428978#msg428978

Thanks everyone!  There's a clinic in Colorado that does the Hitt IV, but they also do a lot of lab work to determine the "why" I had the anxiety and insomnia to begin with... my reasons to go on the K to begin with.  You guys ARE right.... it IS expensive.  I thought it might be better if there was labwork done to figure out underlying issues as to what went wrong with my own GABA receptors to begin with.  But maybe I can find another doc (since regular docs don't order uncommon tests) to seek out any underlying cause, support my body that way, and hopefully continue to taper successfully.

That's too bad that the Hitt Clinic is not the answer for benzos.  It's pretty sad when street drugs can be treated easier than ones that a doc gave us a script for and we never abused the medicine.  Not fair!!

I appreciate all of your feedback.  I hope those of you who aren't doing well that have been to the clinic start to find some relief here soon.

Take care everyone!!  You're the best!

Lisa