Completed my c/o to Diazapam

[re...]

Hi everyone!

A quick background, was on 4-6mg of Klonopin for a few years, dr took me off, ended up convincing him to put me on Ativan, total of 3mgs.  I know, it was a major decrease and I was completely in hell from December 10 until, well.... still have my days.  I got down to 1.5mg of Ativan and read Ashton and decided to c/o to Diazapam.  I figured I already suffer so much that I am continuing with the decrease.  I will never increase only decrease.  So I went to a total of 15mg of Diazapam which equals the 1.5mg of Ativan.  I crossed over each dose and am now on day 5 of the Diazapam.  I am going to go down 1mg in a couple days and then 2mgs in two weeks, maybe 10 days, not sure. 

My question is, I read on my introduction that I should not decrease every 2mgs every 2 weeks to 10 days but from reading Ashton, it is the way its written.  I know everyone is different and I know to listen to my body but I think I will have to suffer some withdrawals no matter what. 

Other question, once I get down to 6mgs I will decrease just the 1mg every 2 weeks to 10 days.  I think reducing from 15mg of Diazapam over 6 months, which is what my plan is, seems to be a pretty slow taper that I HOPE will work. 

I do know that my taper wont be exact and could change but I know that from what I have read thruout this forum, that no matter what, don't increase just decrease and hold. 

Sorry I wrote another book but I just cant drag this out any longer then 6 months.  I have been at this already 6 months.  Please someone give me some inspiration.  Tell me that my taper and my insight is not so bad.  I have not worked since December and I am not planning on working until I am off of this evil drug but I cant live without working forever.

Thanks to all that actually reads this.

[00...]
My question is, I read on my introduction that I should not decrease every 2mgs every 2 weeks to 10 days but from reading Ashton, it is the way its written.  I know everyone is different and I know to listen to my body but I think I will have to suffer some withdrawals no matter what.  

Other question, once I get down to 6mgs I will decrease just the 1mg every 2 weeks to 10 days.  I think reducing from 15mg of Diazapam over 6 months, which is what my plan is, seems to be a pretty slow taper that I HOPE will work.  

I do know that my taper wont be exact and could change but I know that from what I have read thruout this forum, that no matter what, don't increase just decrease and hold.

With Valium. In my experience.. I have had to cut at my own rate. I haven't went by guidelines, only listening to myself.

You need to stay within the 10% rule.

In my experience with Valium. I feel better as I taper down for the most part. Some do.

I think you have a pretty good plan, you just have to listen to your body, and how much you can cut, tolerate. :) Usually at the end of the taper, most at 10mg have to slow the rate down.

It really differs from person to person.

S#