Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Completed my c/o to Diazapam

[re...]

Hi everyone!

A quick background, was on 4-6mg of Klonopin for a few years, dr took me off, ended up convincing him to put me on Ativan, total of 3mgs.  I know, it was a major decrease and I was completely in hell from December 10 until, well.... still have my days.  I got down to 1.5mg of Ativan and read Ashton and decided to c/o to Diazapam.  I figured I already suffer so much that I am continuing with the decrease.  I will never increase only decrease.  So I went to a total of 15mg of Diazapam which equals the 1.5mg of Ativan.  I crossed over each dose and am now on day 5 of the Diazapam.  I am going to go down 1mg in a couple days and then 2mgs in two weeks, maybe 10 days, not sure. 

My question is, I read on my introduction that I should not decrease every 2mgs every 2 weeks to 10 days but from reading Ashton, it is the way its written.  I know everyone is different and I know to listen to my body but I think I will have to suffer some withdrawals no matter what. 

Other question, once I get down to 6mgs I will decrease just the 1mg every 2 weeks to 10 days.  I think reducing from 15mg of Diazapam over 6 months, which is what my plan is, seems to be a pretty slow taper that I HOPE will work. 

I do know that my taper wont be exact and could change but I know that from what I have read thruout this forum, that no matter what, don't increase just decrease and hold. 

Sorry I wrote another book but I just cant drag this out any longer then 6 months.  I have been at this already 6 months.  Please someone give me some inspiration.  Tell me that my taper and my insight is not so bad.  I have not worked since December and I am not planning on working until I am off of this evil drug but I cant live without working forever.

Thanks to all that actually reads this.

[00...]
My question is, I read on my introduction that I should not decrease every 2mgs every 2 weeks to 10 days but from reading Ashton, it is the way its written.  I know everyone is different and I know to listen to my body but I think I will have to suffer some withdrawals no matter what.  

Other question, once I get down to 6mgs I will decrease just the 1mg every 2 weeks to 10 days.  I think reducing from 15mg of Diazapam over 6 months, which is what my plan is, seems to be a pretty slow taper that I HOPE will work.  

I do know that my taper wont be exact and could change but I know that from what I have read thruout this forum, that no matter what, don't increase just decrease and hold.

With Valium. In my experience.. I have had to cut at my own rate. I haven't went by guidelines, only listening to myself.

You need to stay within the 10% rule.

In my experience with Valium. I feel better as I taper down for the most part. Some do.

I think you have a pretty good plan, you just have to listen to your body, and how much you can cut, tolerate. :) Usually at the end of the taper, most at 10mg have to slow the rate down.

It really differs from person to person.

S#