Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

10 Month Update - May 16, 2011

Today is 10 months off K.

Briefly, I was on 1 MG of K from Feb 1 - April 6, 2010, I then tapered from April 6 - July 16, 2010.

As of today I am still having the following issues.

These things are not constantly there, but rotate themselves in and out of my day on a daily basis at some point.

Mild pressure in my head

Aching, burning tingly numbness in my legs at various locations

Broken sleep with dreaming

Morning stomach issues, like an emotional excited nausea

Mild mild mild hysteria or worry over certain circumstances that never posed any type of issue before Benzo's

Trouble focusing or getting motivated

Sort of a depression, but not full blown

Heart palps usually about twice a day

This is what I am noticing now, perhaps I had some of this before benzo's and didnt identify with these things for some reason, but now I am aware of them and they are issues that are holding me back, I doubt this could have been missed before I ever took a benzo, but who knows?

I dont' think this is ever going to end, Ashton says 12 months is normal, well I'm only 2 months and alot will have to happen in 2 months for this to be done, it looks like if this is still WD I'm one of the lucky one's that will take longer than 12 months to heal.......

hi dhjk1972

You are one of the lucky ones. You are doing it! :yippee:

As am I.

It does take a while to heal. I think it is really important that we support each other with patience.

I am, just over 8 months. Learning and growing.

-Dan

hi dhjk1972

You are one of the lucky ones. You are doing it! :yippee:

As am I.

It does take a while to heal. I think it is really important that we support each other with patience.

I am, just over 8 months. Learning and growing.

-Dan

Any similarities Dan?

Does my update sound consistent with your progress?

Hi,

"Mild pressure in my head

Aching, burning tingly numbness in my legs at various locations

Broken sleep with dreaming

Morning stomach issues, like an emotional excited nausea

Mild mild mild hysteria or worry over certain circumstances that never posed any type of issue before Benzo's

Trouble focusing or getting motivated

Sort of a depression, but not full blown

Heart palps usually about twice a day"

Umm,

no head pressure,

sometimes my left arm tingles at bicep and thumb,

sleep, wake up too early a lot,

no stomach pain nor nausea,

I do worry a lot and have a lot of anxiety and dissatisfaction,

yes trouble focusing and being motivated,depression, but I really hate my living situation and where I am living.

no heart palps.

I know things have improved and will continue. I am continually amazed at what Klonopin/clonazepam has done to me and my life.

I can anger very easily, and can be very impatient.

Really a lot has to do with where my life is now.

I eat well,

I go to the Gym almost every day,

I can laugh,

I look well and on one hand am very healthy compared to what I was.

So...

we go on-right my friend?

-Dan

Hi Dan I am glad You are getting  better I am at very very small piece of klono at nite wow I am haing a rough time My feet feel like a shocking in them and eye twitching burning and all these cuts have been small and I now have a knee giving trouble. so it is going tho I do have a window every now and then. I have cut with a pill cutter till I have to use a finger nail to chip it smaller. Thanks for shareing  Steve.

DHJK,

How does this compare to where you were at 3 months, 6 months and 9 months?  I would really be interested in seeing if things got better or worse

Hi Maranatha,

For myself, although things still can be rough, I know that I am getting better and better.

There was a time maybe 7 months ago when all I could do was eat, play solitaire and try to keep the house clean.

there was no way I could have worked.

..everyone is different..

This forum rocks!

My symptoms at this point (2.5 months off) are similar: head pressure, slight nausea, skin burning/feeling like my skin is hot, several weird feelings that cannot really describe but something is physically bothering me. Some days are almost completely ok, some are not...