Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Spine Pain?

My spine really pains and always in the same spot. Does anybody have this in withdrawal? I have injuries from an auto accident years ago and hope that this is WD realted and not from the blow of being rear ended. I asked my doctor about it and he said we know what it is, meaning that the cyst like lesions I got from the trauma have calcified, but your history with medication is not good. So no X-Ray, just take Tylenol and heat.

Frannie

What area of your spine, Frannie?  Is it in the same spot you injured?

Many times, benzo withdrawal can exacerbate the pain in "sensitive" areas of our bodies, such as old injuries, etc.

Frannie,

Your problem sounds exactly like mine, except my pain is just to the right of my spine -- but always in the same spot.  I am hoping that it is just an old problem being aggrivated by the benzos like Missy said.

Missy, does is go back to normal after benzo withdrawal is over?

Frannie...I think everyone is right.  I have fibromyalgia (dx'd long before the drugs) and it makes the pain of it 100x's worse.  I also have an injury across the top of my foot that had a bazillion stitches and that now throbs after all these years. (got the injury in the mid 80's). 

Donna

What area of your spine, Frannie?  Is it in the same spot you injured?

Many times, benzo withdrawal can exacerbate the pain in "sensitive" areas of our bodies, such as old injuries, etc.

It's up high and always in the same spot but the MRI that I had said I had cyst like lesions on every (faucet?) not sure of the word now from the trauma. I had a broken shoulder bone that healed itself in the shape of a pipe where it's attached to my neck and I have one disc pushed into another and twisted in my cervical spine. The car my daughter and I were in was completely demolished and the police said we should have killed, they couldn't understand it. I was visiting my husband in another province on a weekend as he was working there and also my daughter when it happened. My then doctor wouldn't do anything about it, not even an X-Ray and wrote to my insurance company and said I was doing it to myself because I was on antidepressants and because of my personality! I signed my insurance away for a small amount of money and then an ER doc ordered a CT scan and they saw scar on my scull. A visiting radiologist ordered a complete body MRI to see the extent of my injuries but it was too late for surgery. I will be reporting this doctor and taking him before Human Rights but have to get past benzo WD first.

----anyway that was too long but thank you everybody as you've answered my question. It hurts more because of benzo WD.

Frannie

[55...]

Frannie,

I have some spinal burning. Sometimes my lower back hurts as well.

Spinal pain, yes I have had it. It's very uncomfortable.

When I was tapering Klonopin.. I had it horribly, even as so much.. it felt like someone was taking a lighter and burning my spine.

I know how that symptom is.

I have had feelings of my spine is about to snap in half.

I'm sorry for the visuals, but only way I can explain such a symptom.

I have a friend with Fibro. She explains her sx's and they sound like withdrawal symptoms, but then again she's on 4 or 5 medications, and one is Klonopin.

S#

Sig#, Thank You, that's exactly how it feels, burning and like It's going to break. I'm sorry that your going through this but you've made me see that most of what I have is withdrawl and will go away. I hope that you will feel better soon.

Frannie 

[55...]

Sig#, Thank You, that's exactly how it feels, burning and like It's going to break. I'm sorry that your going through this but you've made me see that most of what I have is withdrawl and will go away. I hope that you will feel better soon.

Frannie 

It will go away Frannie.

I have more of the "Breaking Feeling" but I know my spine is not going to actually break.

It's just the feeling can be somewhat uncomfortable. I hope it relieves for you soon.

S#

Frannie,

I started getting spine pain like never before when I got about two-thirds of the way through my taper.  It's right on a bone, a vertebra, in the curve of my back.  I didn't do anything to injure my back either; it just seems to have happened.  And I too have that weird feeling like my spine could break (ug), even though like Sigma said I know that won't actually happen.  Like a lot of other people in w/d, I have so much neck and muscle tension that I feel like my bones, joints, tendons, etc. are being pulled in all kinds of directions.  I think it's this constant tension that's messing things up.  I also have some unpleasant crunching in my neck that I never had before.  Feels/sounds like there's sand in my spine depending on how I move my neck.  The pain in my neck comes and goes, where the pain in the curve of my back, while not excruciating, is fairly constant. 

Mal

Do we know for sure if these symptoms go away after benzos?  Does anyone have first hand experience (or know of others) who have had it go away after benzos?

Frannie 

It will go away Frannie.

I have more of the "Breaking Feeling" but I know my spine is not going to actually break.

It's just the feeling can be somewhat uncomfortable. I hope it relieves for you soon.

S#

It's not too bad today Sig# thank you. I hope that it goes away for you soon too.

Frannie

Frannie,

I started getting spine pain like never before when I got about two-thirds of the way through my taper.  It's right on a bone, a vertebra, in the curve of my back.  I didn't do anything to injure my back either; it just seems to have happened.  And I too have that weird feeling like my spine could break (ug), even though like Sigma said I know that won't actually happen.  Like a lot of other people in w/d, I have so much neck and muscle tension that I feel like my bones, joints, tendons, etc. are being pulled in all kinds of directions.  I think it's this constant tension that's messing things up.  I also have some unpleasant crunching in my neck that I never had before.  Feels/sounds like there's sand in my spine depending on how I move my neck.  The pain in my neck comes and goes, where the pain in the curve of my back, while not excruciating, is fairly constant. 

Mal

Thank you for posting Mal! I think this forum is wonderful! It's amazing how common this is. I hope that it will go away for you soon.

Frannie

Frannie,

Your problem sounds exactly like mine, except my pain is just to the right of my spine -- but always in the same spot.  I am hoping that it is just an old problem being aggrivated by the benzos like Missy said.

Missy, does is go back to normal after benzo withdrawal is over?

Twell, I always think others have healed so we will too.

Frannie