Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Sunshine Box

[sa...]

Baylissa Frederick wrote about a coping technique she called the "sunshine box".  The idea is to fill a box with things that remind of better days, and of what you hope or after withdrawal.  They can be pictures, quotes, special objects, or anything else that has significance to you.  Once you have it assembled, you can get it out whenever you feel hopeless and in need of a reminder of your healing destination.  It doesn't have to be a physical box, either.  I personally like to use Pinterest to collect quotes and beautiful photos that remind me of my healing goals.  When I was going through withdrawal, I made myself what I called my sunshine folder.  It had scriptures, quotes, and beautiful photos. 

Baylissa Frederick wrote about a coping technique she called the "sunshine box".  The idea is to fill a box with things that remind of better days, and of what you hope or after withdrawal.  They can be pictures, quotes, special objects, or anything else that has significance to you.  Once you have it assembled, you can get it out whenever you feel hopeless and in need of a reminder of your healing destination.  It doesn't have to be a physical box, either.  I personally like to use Pinterest to collect quotes and beautiful photos that remind me of my healing goals.  When I was going through withdrawal, I made myself what I called my sunshine folder.  It had scriptures, quotes, and beautiful photos.

Great idea :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...