Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Hi. I'm lost in the world of Xanax!

[Wa...]

I have been on Xanax for a little over a year. I was on about 1.5 mg a day which I split up through out the day. I have brought myself down to a little more then .5 a day not quite .75. But I'm at a stand point. I can't beat it. I'm lost and hopeless. I just sit here and cry because I want to be like everyone around me! I want to be happy and free and feel great like everyone around me.

Hello Want2bfree, welcome to Benzobuddies!

Congrats on making it down that far on your xanax.  All benzos are difficult to wean off of, but xanax can be all the more difficult because it has a shorter half-life than many others do.  How long did it take you to go from 1.5 mgs to what you are at now?  You may have done it too fast.

You will get all the support you need here if you want to continue tapering with xanax.  However, it may be beneficial for you to get on a longer lasting benzo like valium (or perhaps klonopin).  .5 mgs of xanax is about 10mgs of valium or .5 mg of klonopin.

You are certainly not alone in what you are going through. Many of the people in the success stories section of this site came here lost and hopeless too but are now enjoying happy lives.  Hang in there, you will feel happy and great again... and perhaps even more so than the people around you.

hang on, i know from my experience that it will get better, follow the advice and experience that you can get here. It is terrible and hope will give you the strength you need. Keep busy, keep positive and good things will follow.

Wishing you peace, idho

Hello. It took me around 2 months to get down. I stabilized on 1.5 mg first. Which I need to stabalize on .75 first this time around. It's been a rough year. I decided to take myself off in February of this year because I could no longer tell if I was having panic attacks or if It was the Xanax making me feel horrible! Well it was a horrible detox in a detox center. I went back on it. I found out I was pg and I am now 16 weeks, which is why I'm tapering so quickly. My doctor would like me off the last month of pg. I just feel hopeless and lost. I  stuck at a stand point with no support or understanding from my husband. He believes I should just quit c/t. But I know the risk of that and to be honest my body just can't handle anymore. He thinks I am a wimp and it's all in my head. So I have came here for that push and support that I need to beat this horrible drug! I feel so discouraged and maybe I am just a wimp.

On the contrary, you are really stronger than you think. It takes great strength and determination to do what you are doing. :thumbsup:

You may have heard this before, but the only people who truly understand this process, are those of us that have been through it. It makes it hard when the people close to you don't understand. When you try to explain what you're going through, and they give you that weird look. You probably know what look I'm talking about.

Just remember, we all understand how hard this is and will help you see your way out of it the best we can.

I know you feel stuck, but things will be better in time and everthing will be like before the drug, even better!

Hang on, you will heal from this,

Mike

Your welcome want2, it is terrible being alone going through the pain of this. The crazy times are alittle easier when you know there is hope.

good luck, idho

Hey there, Want2bfree. I was on the same 1.50mg dosage as you before my taper. I'm now at .75mg and am having, what I consider, physical and psychological w/d that are hard to handle. Just know that there is someone else out there tapering off the same poison. I've read that many members have successfully done dry tapers off Xanax and that's what gives me hope. Hang in there and sending big windows your way :]

Hi Want2bfree,

I'm also Want2befree with an extra "e".  Welcome to Benzo Buddies.  I'm sorry your husband is less than understanding.  :( This stuff is no walk in the park, and takes a lot of strength to get through.  Hang in there.