Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Regarding message about permanent symptoms

Hi, this is mishi. I posted something yesterday about symptoms being permanent i cannot find my message anywhere.  Can you please let me know if you received my message... Thank you Mishi

PS. I saw this in the asthon manual  this cannot be true.. Am I correct.

Mishi hello dear...Noway this is permanent!!! Try and stick to less negative and fearful storys and just know this is reversable ok...Your going to be you again hang in ...Your friend  :smitten: Jenny

Hi mishi,

Here is the link to the thread you started.  If you want to see your posting history, follow these steps.

Click on your name.

Scroll to the bottom of the page, which is your profile.

Click on View mishi's posting history.

Here you can see every single message you've ever written on BenzoBuddies.  If you click on them, it will take you to the thread where you posted it.

Pam

I see Pamster forgot to inclue the link, mishi.  :oops:  Here it is:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=31471.msg460125#msg460125

I don't know where in the Ashton Manual you found her saying that any symptom could be permanent.  I searched all the way through Chapter 3 for the word "permanent" and one of the statements I found was the following:

"There is absolutely no evidence that benzodiazepines cause permanent damage to the brain, nervous system or body."

Hi mishi,

Here is the link to the thread you started.  If you want to see your posting history, follow these steps.

Click on your name.

Scroll to the bottom of the page, which is your profile.

Click on View mishi's posting history.

Here you can see every single message you've ever written on BenzoBuddies.  If you click on them, it will take you to the thread where you posted it.

Pam

Thank you pam i will try next time  hope you are well and happy luv mishi

I see Pamster forgot to inclue the link, mishi.  :oops:  Here it is:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=31471.msg460125#msg460125

I don't know where in the Ashton Manual you found her saying that any symptom could be permanent.  I searched all the way through Chapter 3 for the word "permanent" and one of the statements I found was the following:

"There is absolutely no evidence that benzodiazepines cause permanent damage to the brain, nervous system or body."

Hey Beeper I hope so. I really read that message i am not kidding.  Ok I will believe you.  going thru a REALLY REALLY TOUGH TIME IN MY LIFE I HOPE I WILL SURVIVE LIKE YOU.  Thank you so much, take care Mishi

Mishi hello dear...Noway this is permanent!!! Try and stick to less negative and fearful storys and just know this is reversable ok...Your going to be you again hang in ...Your friend  :smitten: Jenny

Thank you Jenny, You are sweet as alway's everyone is suffering so hard including me. I am scared really scared of now and the unknown Jenny.  It hurts to much especially being here home.. I know that is hard to believe buy it is... I try to believe I will make it PLUS have the support but it seems impossible right now.... Understand.  You are the best ..Thank you, and be well my friend... I was negative to one person yesterday, and now he will not write to me again.... He was trying to be postive and give me good feedback, and I hope I did not loose him as a buddy... I was just having a horrible day. I hope he will still support me.... I did not feel positive yesterday.  That was all.  Thank you my friend and be well Mishi smitten back to you. 

Ps.  Maybe you can tell me how not to fear withdrawals now for 6 months  while tapering and later.  People are suffering it seems like forever,  I hope it will not be so bad as I continue.  I need to stay alive for my kids.  Talk to you later  Mishi

which symptoms are permanent?

It is impossible to tell or predict.  There is no proof that there are any permanent symptoms, but then again there are no studies to show otherwise.  Millions of people get off these drugs and go on to lead normal lives.  Like anything else, duration and dose possibly play a part in how long/what symptoms occur.