Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

YRAM Kicked Klonopin to the Curb!

[Be...]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [...]

• [Li...]

• [Be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi yram,

It was actually Beeper who started your celebration thread, but I'd like to join in the festivities and say, way to go as well. 

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq242/IVY3344/CONGRATS/waytogo.jpg

Congrats YRAM on being benzo free.  It's a great leap into a better future for you.  Well done.  :thumbsup::yippee: :yippee:

Six days benzo free!

Symptoms started quieting down yesterday. That gnawing anxiety has been almost completely gone the last two days. Nerves are still raw. Ears ringing. GI system hyperactive. Trouble sleeping. But overall withdrawal symptoms are quite mild by comparison to the weeks I tapered.

Seven days benzo free.

WD symptoms a little worse today than last two days. Ears ringing, GI stuff, anxiety.

Having some moments of joy (remember joy?). The kind when you get goose bumps.

12 days benzo free

Have one great day followed by two less-than-great days, but all better than during taper.

Tinnitus seems to go hand-in-hand with other wd: insomnia, GI stuff, anxiety. Today was a great day.

Someone needs to invent a benzo wd crystal ball.

YRAM,

Congrats on being free(!)--you are an inspiration to me  :thumbsup::yippee:  :angel: (I hope I can kick k to the curb soon too!)

Blessings,

itzsweird

Thanks for everyone's good wishes.

Special thanks to LP for being a constant source of support!

Everyone on this forum is struggling with such a great battle. I cannot believe that so many of us got duped into this mess. You all are very very brave and strong.

At 7 pm tonight I'll be 14 days free! Today am having good relief of symptoms. However am left in quite a raw state emotionally. Continue to have faith in time and healing.

YRAM, you're the best. Thanks for your support.  I think of you everyday, lol Always praying and hoping you are a bit better!!!!

Can't wait till I hear from you and you tell me you are sym free!

I am now 16 days off the evil demented Klonopin. The anxiety has gone. The sleep is improving. The ear ringing is less loud today, finally. The GI symptoms are almost gone.

But there's some depression (OK, quite a bit of depression) in the wake of acute withdrawal. But this too shall pass!  :yippee:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Hang in there, YOU are an inspiration to many. Stay strong and know you are never alone :thumbsup:

Rhapsodygirl

Yesterday (17 days benzo free) was FABULOUS! I got overconfident and thought I was sailing free with a rainbow leading to the pot of gold.

Then today I had withdrawal again -- a little bit of all symptoms (GI, anxiety, insomnia, fog brain). Blech! A mere speed bump, I dare to say!!

In two days I'm three weeks off benzos. Good riddance!

Still some lingering w/d this a.m. from yesterday. Part of the roller coaster we are all so familiar with. Gonna get a massage later, and know I'll certainly feel better after that. Also gonna start acupuncture. I feel as if my entire nervous system needs a tuneup.

Ear ringing a little loud. I normally have tinnitus. In w/d it's just been louder. On one fabulous day (Monday) it had quieted down to its normal level, which is tolerable.

I hope that posting regularly will help others who are trying to find their way, and looking for hope. If you're reading this, please remember that only good things await if you stick it out.

Thank you Patty!

It's been three weeks. The progress is three steps forward, two back. So I'll have a great day followed by two less than great days. It really is unnerving -- figuratively and literally -- how nasty this withdrawal is.

Yesterday was a great day. I had energy, no anxiety. Settled my GI system nicely with some Maalox. Ear ringing was in my normal range (I have chronic tinnitus) rather than at the rock concert level of most of my w/d.

Fellow sufferers, take heart. It's worth it!

Day 17: depressed.

Day 18: GREAT.

Day 19: not so good

Day 20: good

Day 21: not so good

Days 22 and 23: good.

= rollercoaster. This taper/withdrawal has deconstructed my life and presented many lessons. I am rebuilding in new ways.

Keep it up!

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m575/maxmoo/Funny%20Pics/Greeting%20Cards/Happy%20Birthday%20and%20Good%20Job/good-job.gif