Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Symptoms lasting that long is this possible

Hi BB. I told my hubby today the length of time it might take.  I said 6 to 18 months.  BB are still suffering... Why I thought there was no more pain after that... No one will last that long in my house.  Guess I better just worry about now and my taper.... Then I read in the ashton manual today, it scared me that some symptoms could be permanent.  No way.  I hope not.. Is this true.  Thank you for your support and care for me.

My symptoms are worse now that I am home.  Is this because I am down to 1.5 or this because of the family..... It is hard to be with family now at this time..  Especially when they are having a hard time yourself, and you want to be there for them....I need the assurance all the time.  What is wrong with me..  I have it with you.. I need the push from bb to help me make it.. I am not kidding...  Be Well and thank you. luv mishi

Hi mishi,

we all need constant reassurance, that's why we are here.  There is no point worrying about symptoms that may or may not be there 18 months from now.  Most people report complete recovery.  Mishi, we are all in this together to help each other.  I'm sure it's very difficult to be a mother and a wife at this time, hopefully, your family will come to realize that you cannot  be there for them as much as they would like.  On the other hand, the support you get from your family may help recover more quickly.  take care.

Mishi,

The one thing that you have to remember is that if you do happen to be left with a permanent symptom ( from benzo withdrawal ) it isn't going to be like how it is now. Sure it will be annoying, but its not going to leave you unable to enjoy life. I have searched high and low for someone telling a story of long term permanent damage i'm talking 6 years plus i have not found a single one. Most people who still have symptoms after 18 months are at least able to function in life, and slowly as time goes on able to do more and more until eventually they are left with very minimal symptoms or non at all.

Take care,

Dpete

[a6...]

Mishi,

Like Dpete, I have looked at stories after people heal, and couldn't find any permanent symptom ones. If there is a symptom or two that may last on out.. it's not going to be like you're experiencing now, they lessen as time goes. Pamster for example came off Klonopin, and today is 100% healed, living life to the fullest.

Keep in mind that these symptoms are temporary, and no matter how bad you may feel.. you are going to get through this.

Mishi, are you doing anything for distraction? And yes, right now, you need to focus on tapering off, then you will start healing.

S#

Hi mishi,

we all need constant reassurance, that's why we are here.  There is no point worrying about symptoms that may or may not be there 18 months from now.  Most people report complete recovery.  Mishi, we are all in this together to help each other.  I'm sure it's very difficult to be a mother and a wife at this time, hopefully, your family will come to realize that you cannot  be there for them as much as they would like.  On the other hand, the support you get from your family may help recover more quickly.   take care.

Thank you wellness.  How are you doing, Yes it is so difficult being a mother and a wife... I simply cannot take being home because of the stress of all of it.. I love my family but they cannot understand wellness.  Tapering is a killer right now for me..  I wish i can quit right now.... Hope you are well in your life.... You are so kind... I have to go the dr now can we talk later.. Luv mishi....

Mishi,

The one thing that you have to remember is that if you do happen to be left with a permanent symptom ( from benzo withdrawal ) it isn't going to be like how it is now. Sure it will be annoying, but its not going to leave you unable to enjoy life. I have searched high and low for someone telling a story of long term permanent damage i'm talking 6 years plus i have not found a single one. Most people who still have symptoms after 18 months are at least able to function in life, and slowly as time goes on able to do more and more until eventually they are left with very minimal symptoms or non at all.

Take care,

Dpete

Hi Depete thank you so much for your help and advise... I am suffering more than I did before the tapering titrating, the family makes it difficult...  My kids are distant, my hubby having a hard time.. I think they will al leave,  I am not kidding... I hope i can make this thru Dpete... Thank you telling me about the symptoms... I want everyday to jump off... I feel like a failure, and I cannot take this pain anymore.... I am scared of the withdrawals.... Now the surgery... Why  can't there be a way out of  this all...  I have to see the dr. right now.... Can we talk later... I hope you are doing well in your life and your recovery and know that I am so happy to hear from you... Keep me posted and keep writing back.  I would love to hear from you again... The support is greatly appreciated.  Mishi

Mishi,

Like Dpete, I have looked at stories after people heal, and couldn't find any permanent symptom ones. If there is a symptom or two that may last on out.. it's not going to be like you're experiencing now, they lessen as time goes. Pamster for example came off Klonopin, and today is 100% healed, living life to the fullest.

Keep in mind that these symptoms are temporary, and no matter how bad you may feel.. you are going to get through this.

Mishi, are you doing anything for distraction? And yes, right now, you need to focus on tapering off, then you will start healing.

S#

Sigma My friend I am so happy you wrote to me back.  Are you okay.  I missed you alot.. i am running to the doctor right now I just received your message this minute can we talk later.... I always like to hear from you.  You are always so positve... Are you suffering in your taperign right now... I hope not    You sound good.  oh sigma this hurts to much...  You cannot imagine... One more day of this,.  Please no more... I have to stop I know... Now suregery soon.... Try to pm me later if you can i will get back to you later...  Your support to me means so much... you are so wonderful and caring... Why is everyone so distant... Cannot take this... Better go before I am late... Thank you Luv Mishi  BE HAPPY