Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Can't remember my dosages, messy and rapid taper- Need advice

[ch...]

Okay so the last highest dosage I remember being on for the longest time was 6mg of Klonopin. I started tapering March 2010 at first by cutting 1mg every week and made it down to 3mg where I held still for a while. I was also taking opiates so because of the euphoria, I didn't feel many sx. It was May 5th after coming off the opiates I decided to make a 1/4 cut. Then on the 12th, I made another 1/4 cut. So I'm down to 2.50mg. Rapid, yes but I really don't want to reinstate. The sx are nearly unbearable right now, I was expecting it but I need to be off this medication so I can heal.

Right now I'm questioning if by going to rapidly, I set myself up for failure. I've been really strong with fighting opiate cravings as I know that would lead me down a much darker road, but most of the time I don't know what to do with myself. I feel very unsure of everything. I feel like I've died and went to hell.

Charlieday,

Yes you are going to rapidly.  You've been cutting at about 16.5% every two weeks.  You might feel much better if you lowered it down to no more than 10% every two weeks or longer, depending on how you feel.  If you want to make this the last time you have to leave the K behind, set yourself up for success.  I'm sure others here will have good advice for you as well.  Sorry to hear you are in such pain. 

I'd like someone to help me make a slow schedule from here. I am horrible with math especially with brain fog. 10% of 2.25 would be a 1/4 cut no?

[83...]
I'd like someone to help me make a slow schedule from here.

Charlie, we can help with a Schedule.

10% of 2.25 would be a 1/4 cut no?

10% of 2.25 = 0.225

1/4 of 2.25 is 25%.

1/4 = .25 = 25%

S#

If you have the 1mg tablets, you can cut them in 1/4s to get .25mg pieces.  Dropping one .25mg piece would be very close to 10% of your current dose.  Hope that helps.

I know it's a lot to ask, but can someone make a generalized schedule to follow? I don't know how to cut 0.225... I'm also on medco's pharmacy and they won't give me 0.5mg tablets.

[83...]

charlie,

So you are cutting from 1mg tabs?

Have you thought about titration?

As you cut, the % will go up.

S#

I've considered titration but it seems like a lot of work in addition to everything I'm struggling with already.

[83...]

I've considered titration but it seems like a lot of work in addition to everything I'm struggling with already.

Charlie,

I have done it for 3 years almost, only because I was on a really high dose. Well, and at my rate.

It's not as complicated as it looks. It's up to you, you may find it more gentle than dry cutting.

Just a thought.

Sigma,

While the symptoms are nearly unbearable for me, I'm not going to titrate for the next 3 years. I don't know how high of a dosage you titrated from, however, I would rather finish this up 1/4 every 2 weeks and probably go slower towards the end. It's time for this to end. I haven't seen any evidence that slowing down my taper (to that degree) would alleviate the symptoms. I'm also a former prescription drug abuser. The longer I'm on klonopin, I feel the more likely I am to relapse. I know that doesn't make sense but I don't think there are a lot of options for me at this point. How I wish I would have finished my first slow taper without resorting to painkillers and then reinstating. I believe in my plan at this point. I'm dry cutting whether it would be considered cold turkey and I have protracted withdraw or not.

[83...]

I went through Hydrocodone Detox in 2007. I know how narcotics are. It was a nightmare, but Benzo's are worse.

You want a schedule from 2.25mg of Klonopin on down?

Seems to me you need to cut at your own rate, then cut slower near the end until off.

That's what you are pretty much saying.

Is that correct?

I know it's a lot to ask, but can someone make a generalized schedule to follow? I don't know how to cut 0.225... I'm also on medco's pharmacy and they won't give me 0.5mg tablets.

If all you can get are the 1mg tablets and you won't consider titration, the only way I know of is to drop 1/4 of a tablet (.25mg) every week or two for as long as symptoms are bearable.  You are on 4.25mg/day now so just drop 1/4 of a tablet off one of your doses.  How are you splitting up that 4.25mg throughout the day, Charlie?

[83...]

Charlie,

I titrated. I think Beeper gave you some good advice.

She can work with you more on dry cutting, as she has more experience there.

You will get through this. You hang in there buddy.

S#

I really need some suggestions because I'm still at a high dosage and suffering pretty badly. Maybe quarter cuts every 2 weeks is a bad idea at this point? I don't really have the tools to cut a 1mg tablet into anything smaller. All of my supply of klonopin is through the mail so I have tons of 1mg tablets and I don't believe they send 0.50mg tablets via mail for some reason.

So you are just taking 2.5mg/day, not 4.25mg, is that right?  One way of making a smaller cut without doing a full blown titration is to take 1/4 of a tablet, crushing it and mixing it with a cup of liquid, stirring well and drinking half of it and either pitch the remainer or save it for another dose.  So if you wanted to go down by .125mg, you could do this with a .25mg piece, and take 2.25mg in pill form, giving you a total of 2.375mg/day.  How does that sound?

Perfect, what titration tools do I need? Nevermind, I misread that! I understand. So it's 1/2 cup of water? How long are the solution mixtures good for? Can I store them in the refrigerator?

Beeper, I can only get 1mg tablets through Medco. How much water do I need and how much do I take out to cut .125? Please help?

You can cut your 1 mg pill into quarters, then crush .25 mg and put it into a cup of water.  Stir it well, or put it into a jar and shake it well, and pour out 1/2 cup, this would be a .125 reduction in your dose.  You can save the other half for the next day.

Hey Charlie--

You're going pretty fast. A 'cushion' of Neurontin/gabapentin might very well help you out, if you can get it--any mood stabiliser that affects GABA activity will do that.

If you can lower stimuli such as light, noise, heat and social interaction, you'll probably feel a little better. I don't have much time now--on public computer--but I plan to follow your story. Benzos are the spawn of the debbil himself >:D; I hate this shite; and I wish you peace and quiet and healing.

juliad

Hey Charlie--

You're going pretty fast. A 'cushion' of Neurontin/gabapentin might very well help you out, if you can get it--any mood stabiliser that affects GABA activity will do that.

If you can lower stimuli such as light, noise, heat and social interaction, you'll probably feel a little better. I don't have much time now--on public computer--but I plan to follow your story. Benzos are the spawn of the debbil himself >:D; I hate this shite; and I wish you peace and quiet and healing.

juliad

Hello juliad,

Your post is precriptive in nature, please read our policy so you'll have a better understanding of what we expect.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=25837.0

Pamster