Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

72 hours since my last dose, so I think it's official. I'm FREE of Benzo's!!

I didn't want to jump the gun, but I think I can say I'm free. I've been tapering for 18 months. WOW - I didn't think that I could do it, and here I am. I don't feel real good but at least I am a little closer to healing. I wrote in a thread the other day saying that I was on a low dose, and you guys gave me some good advice saying I should just stop. So I did, and here I am. I tried this about five years ago and failed, but this time seems different. I am still Mr. anti-social, but I am hoping that will change when I am healed. I guess the hard part is still in front of me. *sigh* . Now all I need is one of those month scale pictures on the bottom of my forum signature. Does anyone know how to get one of those? They are kinda cool.

Thanks to everyone at BenzoBuddies!!

congrats!!

That is quite an achievement!!!

I am pumping my fist in the air for you!!!!! 

I pray you heal quickly.

Your story is so close to mine.. long time user... you were on more than I am, but this journey has been so hard.

THANKS FOR BLAZING THE TRAIL.

I am so happy for you.

Congratulations and all good wishes!

Thank you for the inspiration.

Peace and blessings,

Grace seeker

You did it!  And thank you, because it is posts like yours that help keep me going when the going gets tough.

Blessings, :yippee:

itzsweird

[96...]

Congratulations on your achievement! I tried to taper several times and never just could pull it off, so when I became unemployed on April 1 and knew it would be a while before I found something I decided to use that time to CT from 30+ mg of Valium daily and started that on April 2. I've had one 3-1/2 day relapse and used one-dose "rescue meds" twice, but not enough to keep me from moving on into the future. I'm now at Day 39 and yesterday was the first day I didn't have major derealization and I woke up today and the first thing I did was go and look out the window and the world seemed to be "normal" for the second day in a row, so I'm hoping I've turned a corner.

If you're at 72 hours out (or 80-something now) you probably will have some symptoms once the drug has completely left your system. I know my first 30 days or so was almost entirely physical as my body adjusted to not having Valium in my bloodstream and since then the physical stuff hasn't been so bad, but the emotional has really kicked in, as well as derealization. My emotions are finally settling down a bit and I think that's affected my vision and helped ease the derealization. So, congratulations but don't be surprised if you get some symptoms once this garbage is fully out of your system. If you do, just know that it won't last that long and that you will continue to just get better and better.

Congratulations again! Enjoy this weekend free from benzos!

Best wishes,

Jac in Tucson

Me on Day 39:  :D