Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Electric Brain at 20 months off..

Well, Here i am at a bit over 20 months off. When this insane Electricity in my brain stops firing off I can almost be healed totally.. What a pain though.. Any suggestions to stop such electric impulses? Thanks.. Bob

I got the ole brain zaps/electrical impulses when I went off Lexapro 18 months ago.  I was told fish oil would help...it didn't.  I then started to taper valium and still get them every day.  I see that you were on Zoloft also and know stopping that drug can cause those sensations too.  To this day I don't know if is the Lexapro or Valium...or both.  Such lovely drugs.

Donna

I am sorry you still have to deal with it Bob.  :( Frustrating I know. Hang in there, with time I am sure it will go away! Your other symptoms went away, so hang in there, this one will too!

Hello Bob,

I am 18 months off today, and I still get the "electric brain" feelings (I call them brain zaps).  However, I am relieved that I still have them since I have other symptoms lingering.  As long as I have the brain zaps, it helps me feel that maybe these other symptoms are withdrawal related.  It sounds like you are doing quite well, considering...

~Leena :smitten:

Thanks all for the responses.. what a run! Yes, I would say I would be about 95% when they leave or get reduced to a 1 rating( with 10 being the worst). I am at about a 2.5 rating now. I TRULY hope at 2 years off( a bit under 4 months for me now) that will be the case.. I have zero doubt the brutal nature of my c/t caused this as well but soooo many other things have left so this will too... God Bless, Bob

Bob--

How were you at 6, 12 and 18 months off?  Did things gradually improve?  Did you see progress all the way

Maranatha: yes things did/have gradually improved with temporary short set backs in between.. I was bad for a while. had tons of symptoms- now down to 2 or 3( and except for the electrical brain) the other two I call residual now. I always say go with what the old timers say- I regard myself as "middle aged" in this sick benzo game. And that is that it ALL GOES... I slowly took on one thing at a time, little by little. I lost many things- the ability to read for a few months, concentration totally gone and insane symptoms like brain on fire for months, etc. BUT that all LEFT! And I am down to what I have now. You WILL get there! I promise! I am expecting TOTAL healing THIS year! God Bless, Bob.

God bless you too Bob!!  Thanks for the thorough response!  I'm 51 days out and its horrendous, but I get the feeling the other shoe hasn't fallen yet--praying I'm wrong!

[a2...]

Hi Bob,

Congrats on 20 months off.  I know what you mean by that electric brain feeling.  Are you still taking that PharmaGabba supplement?

Hi Bob, I remember you. And, I am right behind you at 19 months 2 days ago still with and electric element to my brain. It is not like a zap impulse anymore, but I can feel it pulse inside when I am laying down and trying to sleep. I dose off and it squeezes a pulse and brings me back to an alert to start the cycle over. I know that whatever it is is the reason I sleep few hrs with multiple awakenings and awake alert without the ability to go back to sleep. And don't get that groggy feeling. Yikes. My c/t was brutal too and the brain on fire as you describle I've lost but still have quite a host of physical head things. Here's to healing Bob. I hope it resolves for you. I am thinking "the AD added for benzo tolerance, (idiots), compromised the healing in regards to this. You too maybe.

Hi... I rarely take the pharma gaba now... though I do have it..... only the one made by bio synergy. I would only take it for when my anxiety was very bad... Yep... amazing how long it takes for the electrical impulses in the brain to straighten out. Like a wire that was cut and not going right... but much, much better than before. I sometimes think of taking alpha lipoic acid but hold off... I expect TOTAL or darn near total healing sometime this year... God Bless, Bob :thumbsup: