Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Klonopin Withdrawal

[St...]

Hi,

I have been on Klonopin for 21 years and need help getting off.

I take 2mg. total a day. It was 6-8mg. a day but over the years have gotten myself down to this level.

I have tried to cut down more but when I do I get awful withdrawal symptoms.

My next plan is to find out more about titration and try it.

Hello Stronsay, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

Congratulations on reducing your dose by so much, it's the last little bit that doesn't seem to go without a fight!  We can help you do this, and titration is certainly a possibility, so if you're interested, you can start a thread on our titration board for a plan.  How have you tapered in the past, what were your cuts and how often did you make them?  We've found that about 10% off of your total dose every 1 or 2 weeks is a good place to start. 

Please ask questions, we're here to help.

Pam

Wow. How are you doing now? I'm having trouble at the .75-.50 mark. I've been on it for 17 years. Sorry (but glad, too) to see another person who's been on it for so long. Hang in there.