Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Advice for Daily Taper from Klonopin

[ok...]

Just over 60 days of Klonopin use at .5 per day.  Tried to c/t 2x with no luck.  As of next Tuesday I will have been at a stable .5 for three weeks.  .25 at noon and .25 at 6:00PM.

Next Tuesday will start daily taper with liquid K.  I am angsting over whether to shoot for 10% per week or 10% every two weeks.  The difference between 2.5 months and 5 months is a lot.  I want to minimize SX as well as post taper symptoms.  Just looking for input.  Wish me well please.

Hi okokok:

You were only taking your klon for 60 days, that's very good news indeed.  I would think a rate of 10% every week should be fine.  You can always adjust as you go along (eg., hold for a day or so).  You may experience some withdrawals as you go along, but that's to be expected.  You will be fine in the long run.  Let us know how you are doing.

best,

Draftsman