Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

When should I quit completely? I am on 0.0625 mg

Any advice?

I am on a dry cut of about 0.0625mg of Klonopin, although it is probably a little less than that with all the crumbs - LOL! I've been tapering from 6-8mg for about 18 months now, and have been on this small dose for almost a week. I guess my question is - do you think it would be too soon to stop all together? Or - should I start titration?

The last three months have been absolutely horrible.

Many Thanks!

I just wanted to take a moment and thank everyone on BenzoBuddies for all of their help. I come here to read the threads a lot, and it helps me. I just never seem to take an interest in being social on here, and I guess I feel really guilty about that. Since I started tapering, I just can't stand talking (or typing) to anyone. I hope you all understand this. I hate the fact that I am this way, and hope it will change some day. Maybe someone has some advice on being more social.

you say the last 3 months have been horrible....how long have you held each cut...have you continued cutting even though you feel bad??? i went by the listen to your body method...i held each cut for two weeks and a couple times a few days longer... i would say hold until you feel stable...and then i would slowly titrate at least 2 more weeks down from the .6

Many Thanks!

I just wanted to take a moment and thank everyone on BenzoBuddies for all of their help. I come here to read the threads a lot, and it helps me. I just never seem to take an interest in being social on here, and I guess I feel really guilty about that. Since I started tapering, I just can't stand talking (or typing) to anyone. I hope you all understand this. I hate the fact that I am this way, and hope it will change some day. Maybe someone has some advice on being more social.

To answer your question, I try and stay on each cut for about 2 weeks or so (sometimes longer.) I try and get to a "stable" point before I cut it down any further. And No, I don't continue cutting if I don't feel stable. I guess what I mean buy feeling "absolutely horrible" is that my body hates when I am this low on the drug. Even know I get to a stable point in the taper, it is still withdrawal that I am feeling, and it sucks. When I was at 1 mg or even .5 mg - it sucked, but I guess it didn't suck as bad. (Am I even making sense here?) I feel like I am waking from a deep dark sleep, and now, the light hurts and there is just too much noise this early in the taper... Did I mention the confusion - the horrible confusion. It takes me a half hour just to write a reply. It is a lot of mental work for me.

-Thanks

Very good question..From a rational point of view I'd say jump since you've been ill for 3 months anyway.

On the other hand, I made a cut from that amount myself last July and got horribly ill.

Both things considered, the faster you get off the better, but you should take the most painless route possible. I'd go for the titration if I were you. About 20 days or so should do the trick. I titrated off 0.125 (I updosed after I got sick. Didn't help) in 42 days.

I feel as if I am replying or posting the wrong way - am I? I know this site is particular about where and how you post... It's good that they are particular, but I just don't want to do it the wrong way.

[4c...]

I agree with Xenofears. You've got to take the plunge sooner or later and the dose you are taking is miniscule. You can titrate down even more, but if you're feeling bad now I don't think it will make much difference. But YOU must listen to YOUR mind and body and do what YOU think is best. No matter what, you're probably not going to feel great for a while...

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Jac in Tucson

This is STILL me on Day 36:  :o