How to spread out Klonopin doses

[rh...]

Starting tomorrow I will be done with Xanax. I did a c/o taper Xanax to Klonopin. My bedtime dose has always been 3mg Klonopin. Tomorrow my total Klonopin dose will be 4.25mg. I have been on benzo's long term. I have had no problem with the c/o and taper Xanax, which was 2.5mg.

Question........ How should I split up my doses? I have the .5 pills. I will begin my Klonopin taper after I have been on it for 7 days. I don't know if I should start .25 or .5 drop. Hopefully I will get some input soon :) Thank you for your support and kindness.

Take care,

Rhapsodygirl

[cb...]

I would personally start at a 0.25mg drop. If you can tolerate it.. you could drop by 0.5mg every 2 weeks.

How to spread your doses out. I would think is up to you. You have insomnia, then take the majority of the dose at night, thereby tapering the evening and morning doses.

S#

I would personally start at a 0.25mg drop. If you can tolerate it.. you could drop by 0.5mg every 2 weeks.

How to spread your doses out. I would think is up to you. You have insomnia, then take the majority of the dose at night, thereby tapering the evening and morning doses.

S#

Hi sig,

I do have insomnia. I have been on 15mg. Remeron for a long time along with the klonopin. The Remeron has always sedated me. I'm going to keep taking it since I do need it for depression and sleep. I'm sure the 3mg. klonopin helps too. When I take klonopin during the day I don't get sleepy at all. I know I'm only taking 1mg. which makes a big difference as compared to 3 at night.

Thank you so much Sig. Haven't decided how much to start dropping. 4.25 is a large dose and if I can drop .5 at the beginning, hold until stable, then cut again. I know I will be going very slow as I get down. Alot to think about.

Rhapsodygirl

I will take the majority dose at night, and tapering evening and morning dose.