Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

How to spread out Klonopin doses

[rh...]

Starting tomorrow I will be done with Xanax. I did a c/o taper Xanax to Klonopin. My bedtime dose has always been 3mg Klonopin. Tomorrow my total Klonopin dose will be 4.25mg. I have been on benzo's long term. I have had no problem with the c/o and taper Xanax, which was 2.5mg.

Question........ How should I split up my doses? I have the .5 pills. I will begin my Klonopin taper after I have been on it for 7 days. I don't know if I should start .25 or .5 drop. Hopefully I will get some input soon :) Thank you for your support and kindness.

Take care,

Rhapsodygirl

[a7...]

I would personally start at a 0.25mg drop. If you can tolerate it.. you could drop by 0.5mg every 2 weeks.

How to spread your doses out. I would think is up to you. You have insomnia, then take the majority of the dose at night, thereby tapering the evening and morning doses.

S#

I would personally start at a 0.25mg drop. If you can tolerate it.. you could drop by 0.5mg every 2 weeks.

How to spread your doses out. I would think is up to you. You have insomnia, then take the majority of the dose at night, thereby tapering the evening and morning doses.

S#

Hi sig,

I do have insomnia. I have been on 15mg. Remeron for a long time along with the klonopin. The Remeron has always sedated me. I'm going to keep taking it since I do need it for depression and sleep. I'm sure the 3mg. klonopin helps too. When I take klonopin during the day I don't get sleepy at all. I know I'm only taking 1mg. which makes a big difference as compared to 3 at night.

Thank you so much Sig. Haven't decided how much to start dropping. 4.25 is a large dose and if I can drop .5 at the beginning, hold until stable, then cut again. I know I will be going very slow as I get down. Alot to think about.

Rhapsodygirl

I will take the majority dose at night, and tapering evening and morning dose.