Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Getting a tattoo

[Be...]

I’m excited and nervous. This would be my second time (I’ve been wanting another for years, but didn’t have money or design in mind).

I’m excited because, yay, finally, but also nervous due to still feeling bad/off from getting off lorazepam. I’ll be 5 weeks off exactly when I’m supposed to get the tattoo.

The biggest symptoms I still feel are tight muscles/anxiety, and high BP (this morning it was 135/77…first time the disparity between the top and the bottom being so big).

Wasn’t really sure where to post this. I guess I’m just nervous about the pain and how that could affect my anxiety.

Was anyone else crazy like me and got a tattoo while only a few weeks off benzo?

Not me! Not ever. You are brave!

It actually went really well! It’s healing well, almost no pain, and during the tattoo nothing out of the ordinary happened.

Not me! Not ever. You are brave!

It actually went really well! It’s healing well, almost no pain, and during the tattoo nothing out of the ordinary happened.

Oh, that's good news! I'm glad! :)

Already done and I am glad it went well. Just for the future until you are healed I would avoid doing things that could lead to the need for antibiotics. It would suck to be in an antibiotic setback over something easily avoidable. Like I said, glad it went well.

Already done and I am glad it went well. Just for the future until you are healed I would avoid doing things that could lead to the need for antibiotics. It would suck to be in an antibiotic setback over something easily avoidable. Like I said, glad it went well.

Good point, didn’t think about that.

I had a tattoo get infected once which is what made me think of it, lol. Btw, what did you get?

I had a tattoo get infected once which is what made me think of it, lol. Btw, what did you get?

A design I came up with, using Christian symbolism. A crown of thorns hovering over a sword, and the sword is piercing an earthly crown.