Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Help with morning nausea, please!

Does anyone have suggestions as to how to deal with the morning nausea?  I experience it usually around days 2-4 after a taper.  I don't want to lose any more weight!  I can handle my anxiety (for the most part - not fully) - but this nausea is taking me out!  I want to WANT to eat dinner!!!

Thanks BB!

Lisa

I had nausea for a long time too, I just tried to cram food in when I could, sometimes all I could get in was Ensure and peanut butter.  Are you eating when you first wake up?  It's important to get your blood sugar up upon awakening, so just try to eat a little something all day long, you need to keep food in your belly. 

I've heard people talk about ginger and peppermint oil being good for nausea too.

Thanks Pam!

I'm trying to get food in first thing, but some days I just can't.  I've been doing the same thing -I'm eating as much as I can (it's not too much - so don't worry there) when I can and feel like it.  It's funny that you mention Ensure because that's what I have to resort to some days - today in particular.  When I went cold turkey, the Ensure was the only thing I could stomach for days.  I know how important it is to have something in the tummy all day - I just don't want to get sick with it.  (going cold turkey did this to me)  The ginger and peppermint oil sounds like great ideas -will give them a try tomorrow morning if it happens again.

Thanks again Pamster!!

Lisa

Hello,

Ginger root was really helpful for me. My stomach was shot for so long, I lived on smoothies. Like Pam said, keep eating and make sure you keep the most important vitamins and minerals in your system. That will help keep your immune system up. Being sick and having symptoms at the sametime, is no picnic. ;)

Mike

Nausea was a killer for me too, I finally bought "Sea-band" to wear and they really helped. I got them on Amazon.com, maybe give that a try too, it can't hurt  :)

I'm glad someone asked this.  My stomach rolls around, growlings and feels hollow and empty most of the time.  If I eat a meal I get nauseous so I have been picking at things all day long just to make that feeling of emptiness subside.  I have been drinking Instant Breakfast instead of a meal but maybe I'll try Ensure or Boost.  When I first started to wean off these drugs I was ravenous...mainly for carbs and sugar and gained 22 pounds.  I prayed that I would loose it as I developed such a monster Benzo Belly. Be careful what you wish for, I guess.  For me, the last thing to come off is the belly.  Very Attractive.

Donna

Lisa, I don't have it now but suffered terribly when was weaning off Paxil. I used to make ginger tea from ginger root and put a little honey in it. I bought crystallized ginger when ever I could find it and have ginger chews (great) in the cupboard. Eating a small amount of mashed potatoes used to help me also. It will pass as mine did and hope it won't come back in my benzo WD.

Frannie 

Hi Lisa

Trader Joes makes pretty good crystalized ginger chews if you have one. It is so hard to eat when you feel that way. I'm going thru that now.

P

I didn't find ginger helpful but peppermint tea was somewhat helpful in the mornings.

I also found that distracting myself while I ate helped. Sometimes I would just walk around the room and look out the window. Watch TV.

Eat small amounts more often. Soft foods were easier to deal with. Bananas, Peanut butter, yogurt, flan/custard (has lots of eggs), cream of wheat, chicken noodle soup, annie's macNcheese, cottage cheese, avacados...

Don't worry too much about the weight loss, as long as you are getting something into your body. The weight will come back eventually.

Hope this passes for you soon!

-Tanya

Thanks BB!  I will give these a try.  I try to find that "window of opportunity" to get food in me when I can.  Thanks for the other advice - looking forward to seeing what will work!

Everybody have a wonderful day and night!

Lisa