Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

[Wo...]

I hear ya Jeff.  I don't know about Vegas though.  Some of us who might have more of an addictive personality, it might not be the best venue (don't mean to be a party poop!)  As you know, I recently posted my "success story" at 18 months.  I'm looking forward to some travel this summer.  For me, it doesn't really matter where, just that I can do it, not "worry" about dizziness or some other issue.  Just happy to be done with the journey, get back to my family and know that I'll never need to rely on a pill or drink to avoid any feelings or stressful situation.  That being said, I think you deserve to celebrate your benzo freedom any way you feel is best for you. I like what you said about being at peace and "without drama".  That sounds great :thumbsup:.

Cheers,

Vertigo

Hmmmm, that's a idea.  Post benzo recovery Bahamma's group trip !!!

I'll even go snorkeling with baracuda's with no fear this time.  After this, nothing scares me.  I'm hoping to go really soon !!!!

Well, I'm a (sometime) rollercoaster enthusiast. On my birthday in 2009 I went to Six Flags Great Adventure because I wanted to try Kingda Ka (tallest coaster in the world) but it was closed because it had been struck by lightning. Mind boggling what I think is fun, huh. So I decided I'd come back on the following year. I became ill with benzo w/d early July 2010 so my birthday later that month sucked majorly and of course there was no riding of Kingda Ka. So I promised myself that for my birthday in 2011 I'd be on that coaster come hell or highwater :)

Honestly I'm just going to get back to the gym, gain back some weight I lost, finish college aaaannnd probably definetly gamble somewhere in Arizona as we have a house out there I haven't been to in years! I'm too fair skinned for the bahammas  :'( lol!

• 2 weeks later...
find a great guy, fall in love, and live happily ever after. Go back to work. Be forever grateful to be drug free.

The first thing I'm looking forward to is being able to really "be there" for my daughter and husband.  I will do whatever I can think of to show my appreciation for their incredible support.  Since I haven't been able to drive for a year and a half, I am going to load up the car with a month's worth of stuff, take my daughter out of school if necessary and drive around the country to hug all of the people who have supported me in this journey (look out because I just may show up on your doorstep someday!)  Then I have a couple of projects that I am going to complete to help other people go through this.  I'm going to compete for more freelance writing work since I will have my brain back.  Then I am going to go to all the places that I said I wanted to travel to with my husband "someday".  Life's too short not to do what you dream of doing NOW. 

Thanks for starting this Jeff!

Love ya

Mary

Great thread - I have said all along that I would like to meet some of my Benzo Buddies in person and give them a hug, just as Mary said.  So I may rent an RV along with my husband and travel the country looking for all of you.

The other thing was that I was going to take my family (the supporters) out to dinner and then I thought I should have a party with all my friends, but then the longer I go at this, the more friends I seem to lose.  So I think I'll forget that, just take my loving family out, try to make it up to all of them somehow, and then just be so thankful that I am benzo-free and once again "normal" that I will just do those normal things that I can't do now - read a book, watch a TV show, read the newspaper, talk with my neighbors, go to the grocery store, drive, drive, drive.....to WHEREVER I want to go.....yes, normalcy seems like a Utopia to me right now. 

Thanks for this thread - it's great!

Hoping2BFree

I agree with Hoping--I was going to go to all my friends and tell them how hard this was and how I needed them more and they abandoned me, but what good would that do?  The longer this goes on, the more I just realize it's ignorance and in some cases a strong desire to help but an ignorance of how to do so.  So yes--take your family out and celebrate!!!!

Mary

• 2 weeks later...
[c9...]
Trip to FL to West Palm Beach to in-laws timeshare (I'm in CO) in January and a trip up to Disneyworld with the kiddos  :)

I hope to go back to Universal Studios in Florida and stay at the Portofino Bay Resort for 10 days! I loved that park!

That was the last vacation I had back in 2006 before my doctor ever gave me a benzo, so I think it's a proper way to celebrate victory over the benzo monster!

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m575/maxmoo/Funny%20Pics/Decor%20Smileys/th1lg132derail.gif

[c9...]

I hope to go back to Universal Studios in Florida and stay at the Portofino Bay Resort for 10 days! I loved that park!

That was the last vacation I had back in 2006 before my doctor ever gave me a benzo, so I think it's a proper way to celebrate victory over the benzo monster!

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m575/maxmoo/Funny%20Pics/Decor%20Smileys/th1lg132derail.gif

That sounds like fun! I'd love to visit there  :)

Love this thread!  I know I have chatted about this with many of you.  My husband and I already said we are going to go on a cruise.  We don't care if we have to pull the kids out of school to do it.  But I have also talked with some people here about a post benzo celebration in Vegas next year.  Look out Jeff, we may be crashing your Vegas party!  ;D

Tamzo