Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

My first wave

I'm almost 6 1/2 weeks off Clonazepam and man has it been a roller coaster.  The first 4 1/2 weeks were miserable then I felt pretty decent for 1 to 1 1/2 weeks.  Then I was hit last Thursday with a very rough spot and many of my symptoms returned.  Today, I am feeling somewhat better but not great by any means.  I think this just proves that my brain is starting to heal.  The rough patch was very bad the last several days, but I am starting to feel better quicker than I have in the past.  I know people talk about that happening to them over the course of the withdrawal and the "windows" gettibng bigger and the "waves" getting smaller.  There is hope people.  You just have to believe and not get stuck on the setbacks!

[d2...]

I know exactly what you're talking about. For me, I never know how the next day is going to be. Yesterday I was on the brink of reinstating after 34 days of CT from 30 mg Valium, but a nice note from Pamster help me stay on track. I was really anxious and just feeling overwhelmed. Today, I woke up after a long night of being awakened by waves of emotions. The emotions got me to thinking about the past 13-1/2 years on benzos and I realized how much of my life has just slipped by. I started on Xanax in September 1997 when I was 42, then changed over to Valium in June 1999 when I was 44. Now, almost 12 years later I'm 56! Boom! Where did the time go?

I went for my morning walk today. The waves of emotion are being kind to me during the day but all the residual gunk floating around in my mind from last night left me pretty much walking in a daze. I realized as I was walking that the daze WILL lift and that I really have undergone a lot of subtle changes in the past 35 days. I wonder what I will be like 35 days from now? I guess time will find a way of taking care of itself, so I just need to hang on and heal.

Hang in there!

Jac in Tucson

Me at 35 days:  :o

P.S. I don't think "residual gunk" is anywhere near being an accepted medical term, but it's the only way I could describe what my mind is like today!

Then I was hit last Thursday with a very rough spot and many of my symptoms returned.  Today, I am feeling somewhat better but not great by any means.  I think this just proves that my brain is starting to heal.  The rough patch was very bad the last several days, but I am starting to feel better quicker than I have in the past.

It's hard to believe that your brain is healing when it hits you again but when the symptoms let up you KNOW that something good is happening.